Purple Lines Video Issues

Reaction score
Just bought a new P3P and whenever I use video mode, there are random purple lines covering the screen. They happen at random but sometimes my screen is full of them. It doesn't happen in picture mode, which works without issue. This issue ruins all my videos so I'm pretty PO'ed as it is. I haven't crashed it and changing the SD card does not help. I've heard that the issue is probably related to the ribbon cable but I'm hesitant to try to fix it or remove the ends from their slots, as they look difficult to get back in. Any ideas would be great thanks.

PS-
Using this SD card (changing it does not fix)
Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card with Adapter (SDSQXSG-064G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories

and using my Samsung Galaxy Tab A as monitor

The Tab A is not the fastest kid on the block, but I was able to get mine to work pretty well by ensuring all other apps were shut down. Perhaps there are too many resources in use on your tablet. An app like 360 Security will help you free up your resources.

Do you have another mobile device you can try? That would at least tell you whether the issue is your Phantom or your mobile device.

The Tab A is not the fastest kid on the block, but I was able to get mine to work pretty well by ensuring all other apps were shut down. Perhaps there are too many resources in use on your tablet. An app like 360 Security will help you free up your resources.

Do you have another mobile device you can try? That would at least tell you whether the issue is your Phantom or your mobile device.
No, changing the device to my LG G3 did not help. I owned another P3P right before this one but returned it due to a different (non-purple) issue.

I'd recommend you try removing and re-attaching the cables at the top of the gimbal or send your Phantom into DJI for repair if you're not comfortable trying this.

It's a fairly simple procedure. You just need to disconnect the pins from the gimbal. This should help:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm having the same problem do have any more information that I could use so that I might be able to fix mine because I am out of warranty please thanks Ray

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

DJI said it was a defective gimbal pcb. It was $165.00. You might search for one online. You can also check with Droneneards in Fla.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Thank you very much this is driving me crazy I changed the cable twice thinking that I had a bad cable but each time the screen had those lines thanks Ray

Reactions: G Lee
I'm sorry but I'm new to this and I want to be sure that I understand DJI said it's the gimbal pcb is that the one that the camera is connected to or the one underneath the VPS were the gray wires go into thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic