Video issue. Need help of the group

Reaction score
I need some help. I recently purchased a P4P. Not my first phantom. I took it out to shoot some video and the video got jerky and had lines running through it. It was very hesitant. I have made sure that everything is updated, the signal strength is ok. When I switch back to photo it looks ok stationary but gets screwy when I move the drone. Brand new sd card. Scandisk 64 gb. I was able to get this picture in photo mode after it had been in video mode. I am beginning to suspect the cable. Any help is greatly appreciated.
p4p1.jpg

I suspect you are right about it being the cable. Be sure you use an OEM DJI cable. They cost a touch more but they are worth it in the long run. I know a lot of people use aftermarket cables and have no issues but I just can't bring myself to do it. I had too much trouble with them when we used them on Phantom 3 gimbals. Not going down that rabbit hole again.

I suspect you are right about it being the cable. Be sure you use an OEM DJI cable. They cost a touch more but they are worth it in the long run. I know a lot of people use aftermarket cables and have no issues but I just can't bring myself to do it. I had too much trouble with them when we used them on Phantom 3 gimbals. Not going down that rabbit hole again.
Good luck finding original cable from DJI. I have been asking DJI for a couple of weeks for the HDMI cable for the DJI White Goggles, and get no answer. They just don't support older units like my White Goggles, Mavic Pro and P4P.

Thanks Droneted. Went to their site: Home - Ohio Drone Repair and could not find any 'parts', only service. I emailed them so will find out after the holiday. Really do want the original since it has the 90 degree connector into the goggles.
ok, same outfit but different web site : ohiodroneparts.com
you do need to email them or call. They don't have all their parts listed on line

Reactions: RodPad
So I purchased a cable. After market, as I could not find a DJI one. Take it apart, put it back together and power it up. Camera goes through part of it's start up process, points down and goes into rocking back and forth. I can not get it to cycle completely through the startup. I took it back apart and verified that I got everything back together correctly. Back to hunting for a new cable. Unless someone here has an idea. Thanks.

So I purchased a cable. After market, as I could not find a DJI one. Take it apart, put it back together and power it up. Camera goes through part of it's start up process, points down and goes into rocking back and forth. I can not get it to cycle completely through the startup. I took it back apart and verified that I got everything back together correctly. Back to hunting for a new cable. Unless someone here has an idea. Thanks.
that sounds like a bad yaw motor. Damaged Hall sensors will make it rock back and forth.

this is what a bad yaw looks like some times. How the yaw behaves depends on how much damage there is to the Hall sensors. This gives you an idea

This on Ebay,yeh I think it's something to do with contact from aftermarket ones slightly different in spacing,could be wrong on that ,digital calipers will tell you of spacing
,Amazon has none either but says 3 left on this site,,unsure of your location so this was it,price seems ok,,mayby buy 2 so you have a spare

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl