Stuttering, blocky, partially frozen video transmission and recording.

Reaction score
Recently, my P4P's video became very unstable. Eventually, I got an error message that I had lost my video transmission signal to the camera sensor. Having dealt with this same issue about 3 years, I ordered a new gimbal cable and replaced it. At the same time, I changed out my landing legs because the original owner had damaged one of them. That fixed my lost transmission issue and I didn't have any compass errors so I'm assuming its good. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the actual blocky, stuttering, partially frozen video feed I was seeing. I thought it could have been a radio signal issue but the camera records the same bad footage to the SD card. Next thing I did was order a new set of flat ribbon cables and I changed out the cable that connects the gimbal to the 3 in 1 board. That still didn't fix the issue. See the video below . Any other suggestions? The cheapest option would be to try another gimbal cable but I was very careful with the installation being that it was my second time doing it so I'm very doubtful that is the issue but I could be wrong. I've never personally crashed the drone but I did purchase it second hand about 3 1/2 years ago. Thanks!

My similar problem solution was ‘Gimble lens IMU ESC main board’. Or ‘pitch board’ cuz the pitch motor ribbon attaches as well. It’s in the camera body so I’m sure you have had it out a few times already. Wish I could loan you one to confirm. Same one in P4A.

Contact Ted4797 the gimble guru of the forum for better advice. He has been extremely helpful to me and others here in the past. He doesn’t watch here daily so PM him. If you send it to him, he only needs the bottom gimble assembly, not the whole drone. ?

ted, are you here today? Hope you’re enjoying your vacation. Without too many distractions. ✌

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj