PS3 NOT GOING THE FULL DISTANCE

Reaction score
Help my PS3 will not go as far as it should it act like its being told not to go any farther Tried to calibrate the compass which ive never done before What could be the problem Thanks

A bit more information may help. It's impossible to know from that brief statement.

A bit more information may help. It's impossible to know from that brief statement.
IT WONT FLY UP VERITICAL as high as it used too the distance on the veritical read 120 and the other one was 30 but it goes as high and horizitional as as it does on veritical i dont know what else you need thanks

Agree. Impossible to respond to this question.
I done A FIRMWRAE UPDATE A 3 weeks go before i flew it yesterday and than this happens also like i said i tired to calibrate the compass which ive never done before and it didnt take It said to much metal interference than i moved and tried it again and thats when in flight it would not go very far at all

I done A FIRMWRAE UPDATE A 3 weeks go before i flew it yesterday and than this happens also like i said i tired to calibrate the compass which ive never done before and it didnt take It said to much metal interference than i moved and tried it again and thats when in flight it would not go very far at all
Hi, I just started playing with a P3S and to me it sounds like your update set the beginner mode on in the app OR the Distance & Altitude limits are set. Just check all your app settings, you'll see the problem there. :)

Did you download online manual it got how to calibrate,,,is beginer mode on or off ,might need to alter limit,,,did you follow onscreen instuctions when calibrate cant go wrong if you follow when conected to djigo

Hi, I just started playing with a P3S and to me it sounds like your update set the beginner mode on in the app OR the Distance & Altitude limits are set. Just check all your app settings, you'll see the problem there. :)
The beginner mode is not on the altitude is set to 120 and the distance is 30 but i tried to change both and it give me a warning which scared me and didnt know weather i should go ahead and change it

Did you download online manual it got how to calibrate,,,is beginer mode on or off ,might need to alter limit,,,did you follow onscreen instuctions when calibrate cant go wrong if you follow when conected to djigo
beginner mode not on but i probaly didnt calibrate it correctly but altitude is set for 120 and distance is 30 tried to change them but it give me a warning and i didnt change them

The beginner mode is not on the altitude is set to 120 and the distance is 30 but i tried to change both and it give me a warning which scared me and didnt know weather i should go ahead and change it
Because of GPS, your altitude is relative to sea level, so that would explain why they seam the same. I'm a newb but it makes sense. Just make sure your automatic return height is sufficient and have fun!

Because of GPS, your altitude is relative to sea level,
I believe he is referring to the Max Altitude setting that can be manually set in the app. It has nothing to do with GPS.

Yeh they do give alerts on changing, check it mtrs or feet remember 400ft hight limit but what ever you want on distance,just click agree when it ask ,you can change distance back and forth so dont be scared to experiment

Reactions: Fly Dawg
Like I said, I'm a newb. (first flight today) So for future reference, the altitude limit (I was speaking about the same hard limit in the app you are, not beginner mode) is from your take off point? So for example, say I set it to 45m, its going to always limit altitude to 45? So if I launch from the top of a 10 floor building it will go 45 up from my take off point, the top of the building? (which from the ground is really something like 80m) I just assumed GPS helped calc altitude.

Yeh they do give alerts on changing, check it mtrs or feet remember 400ft hight limit but what ever you want on distance,just click agree when it ask ,you can change distance back and forth so dont be scared to experiment
Thank you ill change those to a higher setting especially the distance one that says 30 but not sure of the difference of meters verses feet but ill check with Google on that Thanks to all of you guys Happy Flying

Thank you ill change those to a higher setting especially the distance one that says 30 but not sure of the difference of meters verses feet but ill check with Google on that Thanks to all of you guys Happy Flying
Just wondering did them values change when i done the Firmware update cause it seemed like it didnt do this till i updated it

I just assumed GPS helped calc altitude.
No problem, its all a learning experience. GPS does not "calculate" altitude. That is up to your settings and the AC barometer. Although not very accurate I may add, so give yourself some wiggle room with that. It can be off by 20 feet more or less.

Reactions: killmel8tr
The one that say 30 is probly your rth(return to home ) depens on objects around you ,set that according to what height you want aircraft to go to when rth is activated,or you might fly into something when rth is used

Just wondering did them values change when i done the Firmware update cause it seemed like it didnt do this till i updated it
The FW release notes mentioned the flight restrictions and warned about checking settings. Even without the warning about settings, its a good practice to always do that anyway following a FW update.

READ THIS POST FOR MORE INFO ON THE FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS.

P3S 1.9.2 Release Notes.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan