Problem, lines in the screen and video recorded

Reaction score
Hello,
I am an user from a Phantom 3 Advanced since some months, all went ok untill this week when in the image in my phone and in the video recorded in the sd started to appear some vertical lines in the sky.

Now when I started my Phantom the image is more or less ok (sometimes strange things appear) but when I activate the video recording the screen and the video recorded in the SD is covered with vertical lines and it gets more obscure also.

When I stop the video recording the problem remains but when I take a picture the image goes back to normal.
I changed the SD card and updated the firmware to the last version but nothing.

It must be some problem with the camera, please ¿anyone had the same issue or can give advise to me about the problem?.
Here a link to a demonstrative video in youtube

Thanks. Best regards
José Luis

What are your video settings?
What device you using?

Have you cleaned your Sd card slot contacts? One in the gimbal?
( use plastic safe contact cleaner, phantom OFF, until cleaner is completely dry )

I see you tried a second card, what cards are you using?

Also
Is your video feed ok all the time, only seeing lines on SD card? Or are you seeing the lines in the device preview as well?

Lastly
I thought I saw a need to calibrate IMU banner at startup In video?

Please let us know,
Mucha grasias! :)

J Dot
:cool:

Hi,
Thank you for your post, I think it should be a hardware problem, probably with the gimbal cable.

My Sony Z5 gave never problems before with the Phantom and the micro SD cards are high speed (10) but no problems before also. The lines are in the SD video and in the device preview. I calibrated also the IMU banner.

After my post I disassembled the gimbal and cleaned the cable connectors with a spray contact cleaner, I assembled all back but now when I start the Phantom, the first ten seconds the gimbal seems to work well but then gets dead...., I suppose the cable is damaged and after the cleaning is worst.

I am thinking in buying the cable and replace it myself or taken the Phantom to technical support diagnosis.
Thanks. Regards

José Luis

Hi,
Thanks for your help.

I have to say that my Phantom suffered months ago a small crash with some impact in the gimbal, but all ok until this problem (the gimbal have some marks...). Suspecting that DJI Technical Support could refuse to repare and anyway the reparation could take too long I bought a new original gimbal cable, installed it (its a little bit complicated) and now the problem is solved..., the image now is perfect like before.

Thanks, I would like that my experience could be useful in the forum.
Best regards

José Luis

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj