powering the vision for ftp

Reaction score
Has anyone tried powering the vision camera for wireless file transfers while the battery is out of the Phantom and on a charger?
I imagine that you would just need a wall charger adaptor to plug into the back of the vision.

ResevorDG said:
Has anyone tried powering the vision camera for wireless file transfers while the battery is out of the Phantom and on a charger?
I imagine that you would just need a wall charger adaptor to plug into the back of the vision.

Never tried it, but it seems a lot of effort versus taking the sd card out the back and putting it into a card reader!

I DONT KNOW I'D DO THAT !!! Since the battery has a balancer for charging and the battery is the load . the charger fire out a higher voltage i don't know how that would do on the Phantom electronics..
perhaps i've explained it correctly..

I agree with Pull-Up!!! far easier..!! :mrgreen:

Pull_Up said:
ResevorDG said:

Never tried it, but it seems a lot of effort versus taking the sd card out the back and putting it into a card reader!

My only problem with that is I've gotta keep track of which sd is from the FlyTrex and which from the camera. :roll:

Pull_Up said:
ResevorDG said:

You make a good point.

Have any of you tried a card reader for the iPad?

Here is an example. http://amzn.com/B00BUKQ4ZO

Pull_Up said:
gunslinger said:
... I've gotta keep track of which sd is from the FlyTrex and which from the camera.
:D Stock card went into Flytrex, class 10 16gb went into the camera - Sandisk's trademark colour scheme is very helpful in that regard.

I'm looking on eBay and the only SD 16gb i can find that's a different color is the "mobile ultra" There are other class 10 16GB Sandisks that are black...

Pull_Up said:
This is the sandisk model number of mine - it's the gold and red colour: SDSDQX-016G-U46A No issues with recording or playback.

Thanks again, Simon...

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
This is the sandisk model number of mine - it's the gold and red colour: SDSDQX-016G-U46A No issues with recording or playback.

I ordered one. I WAS watching a football game (American Football, not that OTHER football) but the game ended early. They're still playing, but it's over. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl