Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

How does the weight compare to the original taco printed parts 96vette?

I'm looking for alternatives myself as the originals melted on a hot day.

RichW said:
How does the weight compare to the original taco printed parts 96vette?

I'm looking for alternatives myself as the originals melted on a hot day.

I'm not that far along yet, but I'll weigh it when I get it together

Gino1 said:
How much does shapeways charge? Local guy wants $210 for PLA plastic...thats crazy

Shapeways was $191 but I ordered all of the parts, some of which I probably won't use, like the basecam case $16.30, filtering attachment $5.90, bodyplate $23.83, so if you subtract those you can save another $46.03

96vette said:
Gino1 said:
How much does shapeways charge? Local guy wants $210 for PLA plastic...thats crazy

Shapeways was $191 but I ordered all of the parts, some of which I probably won't use, like the basecam case $16.30, filtering attachment $5.90, bodyplate $23.83, so if you subtract those you can save another $46.03

I would really like to see pictures of the parts from Shapeways, once you receive them! :)

A solidoodle 4 3D printer (which was used to develop the MotorPixie on) is $599.- something worth considering? The MotorPixie design is still evolving, your next print would be MUCH cheaper :)

Gino1 said:
I love the way the motor pixie design looks but $200 is way too much for plastic

Plastic is $43 pr. kg in the US, the most recent MotorPixie weighs in at about 200g. That includes screws, electronics and 2x35g brushless motors... To sum up, you don't pay (anything) for the MotorPixie design, you pay for Shapeways to make it. The cost of plastic is about $4.

DKDarkness said:
96vette said:
Gino1 said:

I would really like to see pictures of the parts from Shapeways, once you receive them! :)

A solidoodle 4 3D printer (which was used to develop the MotorPixie on) is $599.- something worth considering? The MotorPixie design is still evolving, your next print would be MUCH cheaper :)

I have everything right now except the enclosure. I'll shoot some photos but I think they came out great.

Here's a few photos, sorry about the poor lighting

409984972.jpg

409984971.jpg

409984973.jpg

409984974.jpg

DKDarkness said:
Looks really nice! Could you tell me what the individual parts weigh? The were created and balanced for ABS so I would like to know how big the difference is :)

yes, I'll weigh it this evening and post the results

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl