Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Ok, heres the weights:

Body plate p2v 13g
filtering ring v1 3g
pitch arm v9 15g
imu v1 2g
baseplate 53g

it appears the nylon is a little heavier than the ABS

Gino1 said:
@dk darkness. Did you create the 3d file?

There is a 3D file included here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:397579/#files

Before ordering very expensive prints from Shapeways and the like: I am working on a final design for the 2804-210Kv Brushless Gimbal Motor. So if you are looking to build a gimbal from scratch, wait for it :)

96vette said:
Ok, heres the weights:

Body plate p2v 13g
filtering ring v1 3g
pitch arm v9 15g
imu v1 2g
baseplate 53g

I guess the parts are solid nylon? The ABS printed parts can be printed with different infill and perimeter thickness depending on the application you intend the gimbal for. Light or strong - your choice :)

How flexible is the nylon? I hope not at all?

DKDarkness said:
96vette said:
Ok, heres the weights:

Body plate p2v 13g
filtering ring v1 3g
pitch arm v9 15g
imu v1 2g
baseplate 53g

I guess the parts are solid nylon? The ABS printed parts can be printed with different infill and perimeter thickness depending on the application you intend the gimbal for. Light or strong - your choice :)

How flexible is the nylon? I hope not at all?

Yes, these are solid nylon where as the Taco parts were somewhat hollow, similar to a cardboard design, very rigid but also brittle.

The body plate is flexible, maybe too flexible but it also the thinnest piece and I'll probably end up using the original DJI body plate anyway. All the other parts take a good bit a pressure to make them flex.

I have managed to follow Daniel Sanchez excellent video and got the gimbal working properly. But, and it's a big but, I had to switch the Phantom Vision into NAZA mode to do this. Until I made the switch, the Phantom Assistant Advanced tab only showed the controls to modify the standard tilt servo. Putting it into Naza mode showed the set of controls the video shows. I noticed that Daniel has his Phantom Vision in Naza mode too.

I'm still practicing my flying and would prefer to keep my Vision in Phantom GPS mode all the time (and not worry about accidentally flicking S2 into ATTI mode. So is there some way to switch back into Phantom GPS mode without losing the gimbal settings? When I switched back all the changes I'd made were lost.

I read (almost) all the way through the 63 pages of this thread but didn't find a mention of this issue anywhere.

zenoshrdlu said:
I have managed to follow Daniel Sanchez excellent video and got the gimbal working properly. But, and it's a big but, I had to switch the Phantom Vision into NAZA mode to do this. Until I made the switch, the Phantom Assistant Advanced tab only showed the controls to modify the standard tilt servo. Putting it into Naza mode showed the set of controls the video shows. I noticed that Daniel has his Phantom Vision in Naza mode too.

I'm still practicing my flying and would prefer to keep my Vision in Phantom GPS mode all the time (and not worry about accidentally flicking S2 into ATTI mode. So is there some way to switch back into Phantom GPS mode without losing the gimbal settings? When I switched back all the changes I'd made were lost.

I read (almost) all the way through the 63 pages of this thread but didn't find a mention of this issue anywhere.
Unfortunately you'll have to stay in Naza to use the gimbal. Its honestly not as scary as you may think. Providing you get used to a pre flight check that both switches are up you will be fine :)

Ive given up on mine now. its been months of trying to get it to play, following the videos etc, but it has a mind of its own.
i was thinking of getting a rotorpixel. has anyone else made this same move? i just wonder if its a lot easier to setup and tune?
thanks

pugnacious said:
Ive given up on mine now. its been months of trying to get it to play, following the videos etc, but it has a mind of its own.
i was thinking of getting a rotorpixel. has anyone else made this same move? i just wonder if its a lot easier to setup and tune?
thanks
For the money you paid for the p2v and the taco gimbal, add to that the price of a rotorpixel would seem to me that it would be cheaper and better to sell your p2v and taco to buy a p2v+ ???

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
For the money you paid for the p2v and the taco gimbal, add to that the price of a rotorpixel would seem to me that it would be cheaper and better to sell your p2v and taco to buy a p2v+ ???

I know.
But a) I wont get that much for it if I sell it and b)I haven't managed to get the gimbal working properly, and I don't want some ebay buyer being unhappy with me because they cant get it working either. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Hi i have problems with the tilt.
Bought the new gimble from Taco v3 and after profile config and calibration the gimble tilts up a bit and then fast down.. See video,
If anyone have a proper profile for this Gimble I would be happy :)

http://youtu.be/DAyYdc5w3OY

Same thing happened to me. Make sure all the cables are loose enough when tilting camera. Any tension will cause camera to jitter like that.

Do you have version 3?
Did you do any different trim except what is written in beginning of this thread?

Thanks,
But after following the settongs I got this result
http://youtu.be/75KxSN2FECo

If I change the Pitch I to 0.01 instead then it jumps the same but not so fast.

Changing Pitch I to zero looks like this http://youtu.be/P__dSncXiQU
Its quite stable when standing still but when tilting the Phantom it jumps instead of smooth leveling

Got a feeling that if the Phantom tilt more than 5-10 degrees up or down it starts to jump.
If I stay in between its fine ... :?

The roll is working perfect...

Tobbe_gbg said:
Thanks,
But after following the settongs I got this result
http://youtu.be/75KxSN2FECo

If I change the Pitch I to 0.01 instead then it jumps the same but not so fast.

Changing Pitch I to zero looks like this http://youtu.be/P__dSncXiQU
Its quite stable when standing still but when tilting the Phantom it jumps instead of smooth leveling

Got a feeling that if the Phantom tilt more than 5-10 degrees up or down it starts to jump.
If I stay in between its fine ... :?

The roll is working perfect...

If you have filter mount installed, you should have a counterweight to balance the gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl