Please help with esc error p3p data

Looks to me that you have an issue with the left rear motor or the ESC. There is no power to the left rear motor it appears and it could be either or. No way to determine which. It is a hardware issue that will need to be addressed.

1566940747297.png

Looks to me that you have an issue with the left rear motor or the ESC. There is no power to the left rear motor it appears and it could be either or. No way to determine which. It is a hardware issue that will need to be addressed.

View attachment 114046

Thankyou so much for looking into this for me and now that you said that motor not getting power I looked at the board really good in that area and it looks like a mosfet is no good. I see a little blue on one side of it and where you would see the 4 connector pins on one side of the mosfet there hard to see like the rest of them do u think I need a new main board them
IMG_1566946338.169711.jpg
IMG_1566946338.169711.jpg

@loyal Hard to tell from the image, however before going that far. There is a lot of moisture related corrosion around, especially at this point. What I would do is use a small stiff bristle brush and clean the area below with 90% or greater alcohol. Allow that to dry completely, then repeat again. Once fully dried, you can re-assemble and test again. That does not mean it will correct the issue, however as long as the part itself is not defective, that could resolve the issue. Again I would stress though the part itself could be bad, but it might be worth a shot. Those traces are very tiny, and as normal the solder is not the greatest.

Corrosion.png

Reactions: loyal
@loyal Hard to tell from the image, however before going that far. There is a lot of moisture related corrosion around, especially at this point. What I would do is use a small stiff bristle brush and clean the area below with 90% or greater alcohol. Allow that to dry completely, then repeat again. Once fully dried, you can re-assemble and test again. That does not mean it will correct the issue, however as long as the part itself is not defective, that could resolve the issue. Again I would stress though the part itself could be bad, but it might be worth a shot. Those traces are very tiny, and as normal the solder is not the greatest.

View attachment 114051
[/QUOTE

I feel so much better just knowing what the issue is or could be since I been going crazy trying to make some since out of what could be causing the esc error and like you said it might not work but I have a better feeling of why it’s happening and I greatly appreciate your time and knowledge with helping me out the way you did. I’m definitely going to try cleaning it up first like you recommend and either way when all said and done I’ll let you the final outcome of it and thankyou again.

I’m definitely going to try cleaning it up first
That would be the first step. Think of it like a corroded battery terminal that is not making contact or has a high resistance short.
The blue color you see is corrosion, however a bit different that an alkaline battery would be. That is chemically related, whereas the area in question appears to be related to moisture. And success depends on the part itself and the manner the solder pads are placed..( You cant see that, because these are SMT parts) Sometimes you see the traces and pads, sometimes you dont.

@BlueVista Just for the sake of saying it. There are very few these days that can do component level trouble shooting which is something that I did for many years. In this instance, since there is the obvious signs of corrosion it leads me to think that these boards are un-coated. There may be a minimal amount but it is very thin and alcohol should work just fine. Otherwise you would need a stronger solution to penetrate the coating and the part pads and traces. Granted, fortunately, I have not yet needed to disassemble the bird I fly, but from all indications completely cleaning that area might just work. No guarantees on anything but its worth a try.

Since the very start, ESC3 is showing non-zero status code. It shows status code 0x13, which means 3 error bits are set. We don't know what these bits mean.
We can also see "Esc3 Debug0: 4096" which is different value than the ESCs without errors have. We also don't know what this value means.

Esc1 Status: 0x00
Esc1 Current: 3
Esc1 Speed: 0
Esc1 Voltage: 165
Esc1 Temperature: 26
Esc1 Ppm Recv: 945
Esc1 V Out: 0
Esc1 Debug0: -32764
Esc1 Debug1: -1
Esc1 Debug2: 0
Esc2 Status: 0x00
Esc2 Current: 1
Esc2 Speed: 0
Esc2 Voltage: 165
Esc2 Temperature: 25
Esc2 Ppm Recv: 502
Esc2 V Out: 0
Esc2 Debug0: -32764
Esc2 Debug1: 0
Esc2 Debug2: 0
Esc3 Status: 0x13
Esc3 Current: 0
Esc3 Speed: 0
Esc3 Voltage: 0
Esc3 Temperature: 0
Esc3 Ppm Recv: 0
Esc3 V Out: 0
Esc3 Debug0: 4096
Esc3 Debug1: 0
Esc3 Debug2: 0
Esc4 Status: 0x00
Esc4 Current: 0
Esc4 Speed: 0
Esc4 Voltage: 165
Esc4 Temperature: 27
Esc4 Ppm Recv: 946
Esc4 V Out: 0
Esc4 Debug0: -32764
Esc4 Debug1: 0
Esc4 Debug2: 0

IMG_0538.jpg
IMG_0535.jpg

Well I first of all want to say thankyou again for putting your time into looking into this for me and giving excellent advice. As you can see the pics of the board doesn’t even look like the same one and after all said it done the motors did fire up after I reloaded the firmware and installed the dji go app again. Everything seems to be good besides I was getting a weak imagine signal but nothing looked wrong and it did go away. It was raining here today so tomorrow I’ll take it out and make sure all my settings in the app are correct and hopefully it all goes good. Thankyou again for everything

Reactions: dronesky
As you can see the pics of the board doesn’t even look like the same one
Good to hear. For the moment it sounds promising. Only a full test will tell. But I suspect that may remedy the issue. Nice job on the cleaning BTW. Looks good ?

Reactions: dronesky
It did come back after I tried to install a different battery so I figured maybe the battery so I charged the one it was working with fully but still no luck and I also already tried that v1.11.30 firmware with no difference. I’m gonna send it to dji for service but I am wondering what program I would use to see my flight data like you were able to do. I’m just wondering if anything has changed since it did work for a bit and then I would have some knowledge of what is happening without bothering anyone.

After all said and done I decided to change the main board myself and I’m back to flying again without any issues. When I first turned the drone on it acted like a brand new drone that has never been used and the firmware that was installed on the board was 1.8.80 and I was nervous about updating it to v1.11.20 but it went fine but for some reason it wouldn’t go into update mode and had to add the debug file to get it started. Thankyou again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic