Ping Tracker

I guess as long as you fly where there is cell coverage, you would be good. But what about other places, what then?

I have a Marco Polo for locations that have no/spotty cell service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
Mid November and still not shipping....glad I didnt "preorder" and add to their millions of dollars taken in without a single unit being sold.

Me too. I think this tracker is really going to be a great fit for drones.

I sent a note to the Ping folks asking for a manual. Since the design has been validated to release to production, they must know exactly how it's going to work. They must know how long the battery lasts on a charge. They must know what networks are support. They must know all of the modes supported, IE how often it reports location, versus pinging the device to report the location to save battery (I doubt if it support that mode). I hope they reply. That would improve my confidence in the current production status.

Yes. I ordered one the first day they started taking orders.
At what point would you start to worry about getting the product? I saw on the indiego site once they turn over money to vendor nothing they can do if vendor never ships..They did well over a million dollars.

At what point would you start to worry about getting the product?
Never. I'm not going to spend time worrying about something I cannot control. I knew what I was getting into when I paid them.

Reactions: chazzm
Glad I didn't pay in advance for this...

yikes.jpg
jvfgw.jpg

And I'm happy I'm getting one of the first available units. It looks like we both win here ;)

And when they ship, you'll then start to worry about how long it'll take you to get one on back-order.

Life is too short to sit around and worry all of the time :)

And when they ship, you'll then start to worry about how long it'll take you to get one on back-order.

Life is too short to sit around and worry all of the time :)
Hah I'll evaluate if and when they become available. I currently use a Trackimo and Marco Polo so I'm not that anxious.

I dont know where this should be posted at but i bought a tkstar 905 tracker and also a bartun (same thing) and i can not get wither of them to work! I had another tracker and the guy at the phone store set it up for me,but i never had any trouble using it. The problem was the magnets werent strong enough and it fell off. I bought one of the prepaid aim cards they say to use, activated it and nothing! I tried every command i knew and all the ones CS told me to use. I then went and bought a new sim card from my phone carrier and used the same number as the old tracker ans still nothing! I put both sim cards in an old phone and again, nothing. I call it and i get voicemail like i did w my old one, but no location is sent. I desperately need this tracker to work by tomorrow! Two different trackers and 2 different sims, and none work? I have to be doing something wrong but I don't know what! Could someone please help me....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl