Ping Tracker

The Ping tracker is now in production. See more details here.

How about tile tracking device

If you don't need a GPS tracker, a Tile might work for you if you can be sure you'll always be within 100 or so feet of the crash/landing site.

The Ping tracker is now in production. See more details here.
Thanks for sharing this update. I'm waiting for one of these too.

So with all the disclaimers in this update, are you going to take an early device if you're asked? If yes, I'd like your report when you get it. I think I'll wait till next year since I'm not yearning for a product with issues. At least these guys are up front about possible bugs or shortcomings in their Beta release.

So with all the disclaimers in this update, are you going to take an early device if you're asked?
I'll happily take whichever device they send me. I don't mind using products before they are 100% perfect (if that's even a real thing).

I dont know where this should be posted at but i bought a tkstar 905 tracker and also a bartun (same thing) and i can not get wither of them to work! I had another tracker and the guy at the phone store set it up for me,but i never had any trouble using it. The problem was the magnets werent strong enough and it fell off. I bought one of the prepaid aim cards they say to use, activated it and nothing! I tried every command i knew and all the ones CS told me to use. I then went and bought a new sim card from my phone carrier and used the same number as the old tracker ans still nothing! I put both sim cards in an old phone and again, nothing. I call it and i get voicemail like i did w my old one, but no location is sent. I desperately need this tracker to work by tomorrow! Two different trackers and 2 different sims, and none work? I have to be doing something wrong but I don't know what! Could someone please help me....

Not knowing what problems you are having, suggest you read through the user manual very carefully, most often than not you need to reboot the device by sending a sms to it "begin12345" , then you need to turn on the gprs mode "gprs12345" , each time your be getting a message back from the unit e.g begin ok, gprs ok.

Here is the manual for the Tkstar 905, it also helps to understand the lights e.g Yellow light - Solid No GPRS signal, Blue light - Solid No GPS signal

http://www.lekemi.top/upload/file/1508845730.pdf

Also you won't be able to test this inside as you need a gps signal for tracking, which sounds like what you are doing

Msinger or anybody else get the E-Mail for one of the "beta" units ????

I haven't seen one single report of anyone getting this...I might add they've been FULLY FUNDED for a YEAR now.

Msinger or anybody else get the E-Mail for one of the "beta" units ????
No, I haven't heard anything about my Ping order yet. I'm patiently waiting :)

Reactions: chazzm
Ping just released another update today. They are going to start shipping out the first units in 3 weeks. See more details here.

Ping.jpg

Yes, sir. The dream is real ;)

For the price of the buy in...... I wish I would have jumped in !!!

Keep us posted please, can't wait to hear how these work !!
By the time these actually hit the streets someone else will probably have the latest greatest out.

By the time these actually hit the streets someone else will probably have the latest greatest out.
I sincerely hope so. Competition is a good thing.

Ping GPS trackers have started shipping. Check their latest update here.

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: John Locke

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers