Photos reversed and color messed up since new firmware

Reaction score
I "upgraded" to the new firmware yesterday (01.05.0300) and updated the Android version of Go 4 (1.1.28). Now, when I shoot a photo straight down using Litchi, the photo is upside-down and the color is off way toward the blue end. Other photos are OK. Any ideas?

Try the same thing with dji go4 and see if it has the same problem. You get the same then it could be a bug with the firmware if not then litchi may have to release update to work with current dji firmware. You can also go back to v1.4.0602.

Reactions: jogden12
I've tried Go 4 and Litchi. Both have the same problem. I reverted to the old FW and the problem was cured. I tried DJI Support chat and they were useless.

Reactions: jogden12
Here's a more complete description of the problem:

I updated the firmware on my P4 Pro yesterday to V 01.05.0300 and noticed that when I lowered the camera to 90º down (straight down) and stopped forward motion, the image inverted and lost its white balance. I tried this several times with the same result. If the camera is tilted below about 80º and the AC stops forward or backward motion, this happens. If I tilt the camera up a bit, it corrects. I have reverted to the old FW and the problem has corrected itself.

Reactions: SantoPilot
The exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Was my first flight after the FW update. I too would be interested to know what the deal is with this.

I "upgraded" to the new firmware yesterday (01.05.0300) and updated the Android version of Go 4 (1.1.28). Now, when I shoot a photo straight down using Litchi, the photo is upside-down and the color is off way toward the blue end. Other photos are OK. Any ideas?

I don't have Litchi, but, my issue is similar. I fly a P4P+. Since updating the software to the latest version at the end of December 2017, if the camera is pointed directly down, and then I move the drone into position for the photo, two things happen simultaneously: 1) the orientation of the drone controls flips 180 degrees, and 2) the picture on the controller screen flips 180 degrees. It's very wild.

I don't have Litchi, but, my issue is similar. I fly a P4P+. Since updating the software to the latest version at the end of December 2017, if the camera is pointed directly down, and then I move the drone into position for the photo, two things happen simultaneously: 1) the orientation of the drone controls flips 180 degrees, and 2) the picture on the controller screen flips 180 degrees. It's very wild.
I tested this on P4PO 1.5.03, ipad 10.5, ios 11.2.1 and cant recreate it. Camera down, left and right yaw, left and right roll, combination left yaw and roll, right yaw and roll, forward pitch left and right yaw. I did a screen video capture but cant seem to post it here. File too big.

Any update on this? I am having the same problem. I found a partial solution for the color inversion, described below, but its not perfect.
More info:
-- I updated DJI firmware on or just before January 15, 2018. I have a P4P+ and edit on an iMac with Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018.
--As stated in the original post, when pointing straight down, if the drone stops forward motion the image flips upside down on the screen which makes it very difficult to frame up a photo because the flight controls are reversed from what you see onscreen.
--As soon as I move the drone forward again, the image reverts back to normal orientation. The image color is fine onscreen; I did not notice the color errors until I uploaded the files to my computer.
--When I import the images into Lightroom, the color in the images that were taken when the image onscreen was inverted is totally off. See attached files. DJI 215 is normal. DJI 216 was taken when the screen was inverted; the image was upside down upon import into Lightroom, but I flipped it right side up for ease of comparison. The two images are seconds apart and have some common content so that color comparison is fairly straightforward.
DJI 215
DJI_0215.jpg
DJI 216
DJI_0216.jpg

-- I played with the color in Lightroom and was able to determine that it is primarily the blue and red color channels that are affected. I found a partial 'fix' that you can do in Photoshop. The images look better when corrected but not perfect. DJI 216 image color corrected below. Quick description of the fix and link to the Youtube tutorial which is for converting colors in IR photography but works. Watch the Youtube video for detailed explanation, but basically you use a Channel Mixer adjustment layer to reverse the blue and red color channels. Comparing the color of the corrected file to DJI 215, the colors are not perfect but definitely much better than the original image file.
DJI 216 corrected
DJI_0216 corrected.jpg

-- One final note about the image color problem... As a reminder, I am working on a Mac. If I open the folder that contains my original unedited images and change the View option to Cover Flow and select one of the reversed image files, the image color in the Cover Flow preview area is correct for about a second... Then, for some reason, the color inverts to what you see above in DJI 216. I emailed the original files to a friend who has a PC, and they look the same on his machine so it doesn't seem to be a problem with my Mac or with Lightroom.

Hopefully, this post and the tutorial above helps others experiencing this problem to semi-recover their images that have the same color error, but there has to be a fix on the drone to keep it from flipping the image and inverting the colors.

This happened to me today. First time I noticed it. Has anyone see a solution from DJI? I have searched the forum and this is the only thread I have found that discusses this problem. I am using P4P+.

This happened to me today. First time I noticed it. Has anyone see a solution from DJI? I have searched the forum and this is the only thread I have found that discusses this problem. I am using P4P+.

I have a P4P+ also. I had to roll back my firmware to the previous version. That fixed the problem, and I haven’t upgraded firmware yet since then.

Reactions: pjohnr

Is your firmware up to date?
My P4P was doing the same thing but it went away after the last update.

Reactions: thatsanicepicture
Controller says I have latest firmware when I start up to fly but will check manually. Thanks!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic