Phantom 3 Professional No Signal and broken firmware upgrading, fire alarm solid fail tone

Update : Friend was forced to send RMA, DJI claim "critical firmware error"...

Thank you , so what i kneed is just send dji email request Return manufactur authorization ?

Probably not relevent but I had the same thing when I used on old 1GB SD card formatted to FAT 16. When I repeated using a new 64GB SD formatted to exFAT it completed the update without problem.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Sorry to steal post but how do u format the SD card to exFAT?

you can format the sd card to exFAT by (assuming you are on windows) by right clicking on the drive your sd card is in and on the window it will show fat32 as the default selection. click the arrow that will give you the choice of exFAT and highlight it ..click out and format to exFAT. Note i tried this to no avail but it has worked for others and is worth a try ...my unit is bricked right now and not economically feasible to send to DJI from Canada

My Drone has exactly the same issues as descrbed by the thread starter...as i am out of the US i think that it is going to be a little cheaper to replace the gimbal/camera then to send in to the depot for repair (due to the exchange rate on the canadian dollar) ANY IDEAS! right now the unit is a paperweight and i am tempted to use it as a frisbee....lol i am open to suggestions including wild *** guesses

I'm working on one right now that just came in. I can't even get the bird to read the .bin file to trigger the upgrade. The owner tried to update the firmware. The log on the card said the firmware upgrade failed 2 times. I tried pushing the newest firmware and the bird won't even read the bin. Formatted to FAT and still nothing. She has 2 remotes also. One remote reads the bird, while the other remote is just borked I think. I can't even get it to communicate with the phone.. (pops up errors saying my S6 is incompatible and I need other software to access the remote) This is going to be one of those days. Going to try starting from scratch with the good remote, and see where I get. I'll post the firmware versions momentarily. Taking a coffee break atm.. Mornings are not the best time for this... LOL

I'm working on one right now that just came in. I can't even get the bird to read the .bin file to trigger the upgrade. The owner tried to update the firmware. The log on the card said the firmware upgrade failed 2 times. I tried pushing the newest firmware and the bird won't even read the bin. Formatted to FAT and still nothing. She has 2 remotes also. One remote reads the bird, while the other remote is just borked I think. I can't even get it to communicate with the phone.. (pops up errors saying my S6 is incompatible and I need other software to access the remote) This is going to be one of those days. Going to try starting from scratch with the good remote, and see where I get. I'll post the firmware versions momentarily. Taking a coffee break atm.. Mornings are not the best time for this... LOL

Okay, got it up and running, at least for the time being. Had to downgrade the controller (I assume she updated it because it told her to) The drones won't take updates, but I can work on that later. For now, we're up and running. Thanks guys for all the tips!

Good to hear that it is up and running...mine is still bricked...I am trying to find the device table so i can check the devices that are show as malfunctioning on the log file. Anyone have the device address chart? That would at least give me some things to check

Guys. I fix phantoms. And i did fixed 4 of same no signal problem. The log file includes 8 and 15 devices not detected, due to firmware failure. U hav 2 ways to solve it. My way is to replace the MGCB main gimbal circuit board, the board which u pop ur SDcard in. I did it 4 times. But problem is u need to find some one with a broken bird so u buy the MGCB from. The other way is all of us facing same issue should send feedback an complainant emails so DJI makes a fixing firmware. Good luck

I had exactly the same problems with upgrade and No Signal etc.
No matter what I did, updates failed, and still No Signal.
Then, all of a sudden I decided (in desperation as I had nothing to loose) to take a paperclip and push the Link button on the aircraft. I turned on all equipment and guess what: all of my problems were solved in 1 simple click! I had video feed, the update went fine this this time. After the update on the AC the video feed was gone again. And once again, one click with the paperclip on the Link button, and all was fine again.
I hope it works for all other pilots with the same agony too!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31