Phantom Skins

I got mine on Amazon. It's not a perfect fit and I've always sucked at applying stickers LOL. It has stayed stuck on I have to smooth out a bubble or two every so often. Not every flight though.

Did it come with your name on it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No, the name tape came separate from another company... I bought those so long ago I can't for the life of me remember the name of the company but there are so very many of them out there.

The trick I found to applying skins other than cleaning the surface really well before the application was to use a heat gun to stretch or shrink them to fit as necessary...It takes a little practice but the first ones I applied on other items didn't look as good as the latest ones I've done.

The skins stay on great IME but I had the exact experience with the OEM arm bands, the edges always curling up and not staying stuck down.
I assume there fairly easy to install as well

I assume there fairly easy to install as well

If you take your time and use a heat gun it's pretty easy but if you do get any air trapped under the skin you can use the heat gun to soften up the skin while using an exacto/modeling knife to lift the edge and work the bubble out and then push the decal down again using the heat gun to shrink the skin where it had to stretch to let the air out and it looks goos as new.

Mine was one of those cheapies that came on the slow boat from china off eBay, and it still sticks very good. I have one spot that I had to reposition it a few times and that spot does curl up every once in a while, but not nearly every flight. I think I've had to press it back down twice now in that spot since I got it at Christmas. Probably had 20-30 flights since then.

67299eb46d3a9dd4c3dbfa60b2e86385.jpg

Cant beat good ol duct tape[emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here is another "Yellowjacket".

Attachments

• 1454308650933.jpg
    1454308650933.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 346

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads