Phantom P-3 Pro going back to dealer ... : ^ (

Reaction score
Fellow pilots:
-
Installed the new firmware #1.3.20 today on my new P-3 Pro.
The process went better than all my previous update operations, all the correct beeps and LED lights. ‘ Got the success note. I was psyched.
Then I checked the screen on my android Samsung Note 3 and there is was:
the dreaded red “Firmware Update Required”. Déjà vu . (!)
-
Called DJI in California. Was told to send it in for service or return it to the dealer.
Back to DJI would mean many weeks of downtime. Thankfully I was smart enough to order the bird from B&H . I already have the UPS return label from them and they’re sending me a new Phantom 3 Pro. Can’t beat that customer service. Thanks B&H !

Always nice to hear about good customer service!

Fellow pilots:
-
Installed the new firmware #1.3.20 today on my new P-3 Pro.
The process went better than all my previous update operations, all the correct beeps and LED lights. ‘ Got the success note. I was psyched.
Then I checked the screen on my android Samsung Note 3 and there is was:
the dreaded red “Firmware Update Required”. Déjà vu . (!)
-
Called DJI in California. Was told to send it in for service or return it to the dealer.
Back to DJI would mean many weeks of downtime. Thankfully I was smart enough to order the bird from B&H . I already have the UPS return label from them and they’re sending me a new Phantom 3 Pro. Can’t beat that customer service. Thanks B&H !

This happened to me today, even after power cycling the Phantom after the update. I killed the DJI Go app, restarted from scratch, and it was fine. Not sure if you've already sent yours back (and I suppose it's nice to have a free refurbishing of your current one), but that might be worth a try if you haven't yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl