Phantom not working

You don't need to connect your phone to your Mac to take/retrieve a screenshot.

Can you try what I suggested above? Follow the above video until 1:25 in the video where it prompts you to connect your phone to your home Wi-Fi network. At that point, disable Wi-Fi on your phone to force it to connect to the Internet via the phone's cellular connection. After doing that, open a web browser to confirm the Internet is working. Then, go back to DJI GO and click the "Activate" button. What happens?

As stated, turn WiFi off on your Phone, If you turning off the WiFi on your modem, your phone maybe connecting to another WiFi AP.
Slow internet message to me is your phone is still connected to a WiFi connection.

On the Phone, make sure cellular data is turned on (Option is on iOS I'm not sure on Android).

Restart your Phone or Reboot (Drop Kick), Sorry its all I got. :eek::)

Rod

Getting a clear message this is going to be one looooooooong problem. The wi fi gets turned off at the phone and data is activated .
I rebooted the phone , removed the DJI Go and re installed it
So the go app restarted from new.
Now the phone and phantom won't talk to each other with wi fi turned off "the WiFi to Modem connection removed " so there is only one thing in range The Phantom, but now it won't connect there either. Can't do anything now as both batteries are being recharged .
Thats 3 times recharge and still no fly !!!!

Won't add anything on the specific issue as you're already in good hands here. But I saw you comment about 3 full battery charges: be aware that the camera/gimbal will become dangerously hot if you turn on the aircraft (AC for short) and don't fly it.
I suggest you either use a fan to keep the AC cool, or periodically touch the gimbal/camera and shut the AC off when it gets hot.

@noggins, please read my previous post above very carefully. Try to do exactly as I suggested. You need to focus on one thing at a time in order to determine what isn't working properly (or what you're not doing correctly).

Don't be discouraged; there still seems to be every reason to believe it's a simple, sequential issue. Deep breaths, follow msinger's direction carefully and completely...

There is no worry any more
It's back in the box and wrapped up for return.
I rang the Melbourne DJI chap and that was the advise I got, reckons the two units are not talking to each other and I could never activate because you need to be able to talk between them.
He could do something but @ $100 Per hour did I want to proceed ............... A .. Nope.

Now I'll be looking for a reasonable drone that does not need a ticket from DJI to fly, any suggestions apart from Parrot BeBop2

Thanks for the answers anyway

Well that's a shame as I was hoping for a better outcome in your case and an opportunity for learnings for others. FWIW, I had a similar problem to you when I purchased my first DJI product which was a PS3. I couldn't figure out the sequencing of setting up my account to activate the package and it took a couple of phone calls and joining this forum to solve it. Turned out to be a crap internet connection to activate the account, after that I left my device in airplane mode and flew using the phantom wifi.
Unless your unit was DOA, I'm inclined you may be in the same boat as I was. Agreed it shouldn't be that hard, but given the capabilities of the DJI platform, it was worth the initial learning pain.
As for other units out there, there a pile of options out there on eBay that have cameras etc, but none that have the fail safe functionality of the DJI products.

Just bought a phantom 3 std
Trying to set it up and after charging the batteries and fitting props get a beep and alive signal.
Trouble is it just does not seem to be connecting between the Phantom and the control unit
Will not connect to the internet , says signal too slow, but it's the same internet I use for everything else (?)
Cannot even load the DJI Go app as it tries to connect to 2 wi-fi at once , data is turned on on the phone .

Any solutions for this ?

BTW a RETURN Invoice has been requested as I was looking forward to being able to do some aerial photography on my Caravanning trip around Australia.

Ron

Don’t ever send it to DJI if you want your drone back. You’ll never see yours again! Then now switch to Litchi and try again. Your DJI junk will have hopefully ended never to surface again. Best $24.00 I ever spent.
Jim
WA5TEF

I've had nothing but problems with my P3 Standard and it still sits disabled after replacing almost everything. Your best bet is to scrap yours and buy a different brand. Mine will be going in the trash can in another few days. I'm pretty disgusted with DJI. Just ridiculous.

I've had nothing but problems with my P3 Standard and it still sits disabled after replacing almost everything. Your best bet is to scrap yours and buy a different brand. Mine will be going in the trash can in another few days. I'm pretty disgusted with DJI. Just ridiculous.

You could send to me rather then throwing in the trash can...

There is no worry any more
It's back in the box and wrapped up for return.
I rang the Melbourne DJI chap.....

Thanks for the answers anyway

Hi Noggins sounds like you are very frustrated - I'm based in Melbourne & happy to try assist you directly if you are interested, have messaged you directly.
Cheers

Reactions: Newbieguy
Mad Max Mark. Don't just trash your bird. Maybe try selling it for parts on eBay. I'd gladly pay shipping from your residence to mine, if you just want it gone. Let me know..

Your PS3 operates via its own generated wifi signal. It does not use any other external wifi but it's own. When you open your wifi list on the device you should be able to see your phantom wifi. Select that and you will be able to connect. Not sure if you have the a manual but it outlines it in there, you also need to register your phantom with a username and password to activate your account (you do need the Internet for that and the one time only).

TEVEK, is registration required if one uses Litchi?
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
From memory I didn't although since I use HD and Airdata, I set up an account to receive the token to view my logs. I had to register with DJI like everyone else as that information appears in the logs and I still had to use a couple of base settings that are mirrored from the GO app in Litchi (Max altitude and distance).

How much do you want for your bird?

Samsung S3
Supposed to be supported
Gets to activate and then .....................................
Waits for ever to activate , then I give up when phone battery went from full to flat ( if that gives you any idea how patient I am )

But if I go to DJI or google it shows account activated ?
So where am I doing it wrong ?

Also shows on camera weak link at the top of the screen ?
The Minimum Phone Supported is a Samsung S-5 ...
I had a Samsung Straight Talk... and it Would Not Talk to the Phone.... To Slow and Not Enough Memory to Run The App... So I had to Up Grade the Phone to an S-5 ... and Added a 32 gig Card....
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

Sorry...The Phone Just Won't Run the Software and talk to the Drone at the Same Time...

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
Yep.... You Have to Active the Drone through DJI.... and Let them UPDATE ALL OF THE SOFTWARE ... BEFORE THE DRONE IS USE ABLE...
I have Crashed Mine Hard... Replaced 2 Bodies, and Finally Replaced the EMU .... Myself.... It Still Flies Whenever and Where Ever I want to Fly and Shot...
GET A SAMSUNG S-5 or Faster PHONE ... I also Fly Lichi.... Out here in the Desert .....

Yep.... You Have to Active the Drone through DJI.... and Let them UPDATE ALL OF THE SOFTWARE ... BEFORE THE DRONE IS USE ABLE...
I have Crashed Mine Hard... Replaced 2 Bodies, and Finally Replaced the EMU .... Myself.... It Still Flies Whenever and Where Ever I want to Fly and Shot...
GET A SAMSUNG S-5 or Faster PHONE ... I also Fly Lichi.... Out here in the Desert .....
You dont have to update the firmware. Just ignore it unless your very confident in the update procedure. Fly it first and ignore the update banner. The DJI go app is necessary to activate the drone and perform IMU calibrations. The Litchi app doesn't have all the necessary adjustments but is good flying app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT