Phantom not working

Reaction score
Just bought a phantom 3 std
Trying to set it up and after charging the batteries and fitting props get a beep and alive signal.
Trouble is it just does not seem to be connecting between the Phantom and the control unit
Will not connect to the internet , says signal too slow, but it's the same internet I use for everything else (?)
Cannot even load the DJI Go app as it tries to connect to 2 wi-fi at once , data is turned on on the phone .

Any solutions for this ?

BTW a RETURN Invoice has been requested as I was looking forward to being able to do some aerial photography on my Caravanning trip around Australia.

Ron

Your PS3 operates via its own generated wifi signal. It does not use any other external wifi but it's own. When you open your wifi list on the device you should be able to see your phantom wifi. Select that and you will be able to connect. Not sure if you have the a manual but it outlines it in there, you also need to register your phantom with a username and password to activate your account (you do need the Internet for that and the one time only).

Your PS3 operates via its own generated wifi signal. It does not use any other external wifi but it's own. When you open your wifi list on the device you should be able to see your phantom wifi. Select that and you will be able to connect. Not sure if you have the a manual but it outlines it in there, you also need to register your phantom with a username and password to activate your account (you do need the Internet for that and the one time only).

I have finally had the connections all set up by shutting down the normal WiFi link to the phone and switched Airplane on with Wifi and finally got the phone to link to the Phantom , From the controller the camera will tilt down , move a little left and right , only a little , since out of the box
The Dji Go phone shows Weak / slow signal, and no camera vision at all
I tried to link the drone and controller and all I got was all the lights flashing for about 30 mins till I gave up in frustration !

From out of the box it won't link and the motors wont run either by controller or by phone so as far as I'm concerned by now It's a DUD ! and a waste of money
I'll be looking for a refund

Pity as I had it posted to my sister's place and was looking forward to using it for the unusual photos as we continue our trip around Australia.
Spent 1 week trying all forum and google suggestions and still no go ( angry would be good word to put in right now )

From the controller the camera will tilt down , move a little left and right , only a little
That's normal. You'll need to yaw (turn) the drone mid-flight to move the camera left/right.

I tried to link the drone and controller and all I got was all the lights flashing for about 30 mins till I gave up in frustration!
If you can control the camera from the remote controller, then the drone and remote controller are already linked.

From out of the box it won't link and the motors wont run either by controller
Did you activate your Phantom in DJI GO? You will not be able to start the motors until it has been activated. You can activate it like this:

I have finally had the connections all set up by shutting down the normal WiFi link to the phone and switched Airplane on with Wifi and finally got the phone to link to the Phantom , From the controller the camera will tilt down , move a little left and right , only a little , since out of the box
The Dji Go phone shows Weak / slow signal, and no camera vision at all
I tried to link the drone and controller and all I got was all the lights flashing for about 30 mins till I gave up in frustration !

From out of the box it won't link and the motors wont run either by controller or by phone so as far as I'm concerned by now It's a DUD ! and a waste of money
I'll be looking for a refund

Pity as I had it posted to my sister's place and was looking forward to using it for the unusual photos as we continue our trip around Australia.
Spent 1 week trying all forum and google suggestions and still no go ( angry would be good word to put in right now )
You have got some top feeders buying into this, as posted earlier, have you registered/activated your drone?
Patience my friend...

Samsung S3
Supposed to be supported
Gets to activate and then .....................................
Waits for ever to activate , then I give up when phone battery went from full to flat ( if that gives you any idea how patient I am )

But if I go to DJI or google it shows account activated ?
So where am I doing it wrong ?

Also shows on camera weak link at the top of the screen ?

Did you try following the exact steps in the video I posted above? If so, at which point in the video do you make it to before getting stuck?

Stops at activate , that's after I switch back to wi fi for internet and drone off.

Are you able to click the activate button after switching back to your home Wi-Fi? Why is the drone off?

It gets as far as click the activate Then stalls for ever trying to download what ever it needs

Drone off I meant Drone wfi link off
My phone only links to 1 wifi ?

Try disabling Wi-Fi on your phone and let DJI GO activate using the phone's cellular connection. If that does not work, then try activating your Phantom with a different mobile device.

The dji does activate the phone WiFi as a link, but that as far as it goes , it's showing activating , and that's as far as it goes.
Unfortunately I only have 1 phone , an apple mac 11 and a laser tablet so another mobile devise is gunna be hard for me to do.

A cell phone is able to access the Internet over both a cellular connection and a Wi-Fi network. I'm suggesting you disable the Wi-Fi connection on your cell phone before clicking the activate button. It sounds like you've only attempted to allow DJI GO to activate by connecting to the Internet via Wi-Fi.

OK Here's the latest Turn on the remote, turn on the Phantom , noise and green lights on both showing connection
Open the phone Open Dji Go
I turn off the WiFi to the modem that I usually use.
Then try to connect the WiFi to the Phantom
Get message Internet too slow ,but signal strong
Can't connect !
Now what ?

Mate my android won't connect to the Mac ! Beleive me I've almost gone insane trying this for a looooooooong time so no screenshot is possible

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4