Phantom falling down

Reaction score
Hi I have a problem with my Phantom 2 (H3-3D GoPro) it keep falling down after ca. 4 minutes of flight
At first the Ph. had a drop with a vortex ring state, after it there was no problem for a while, I thought that the fall was made by my mistake. Recently I took the Ph. out and after 4 min. or so the he fell agin speeding towards ground. Now the lights indicate only in yellow slow blinks (see atached movie) althoug he is finding the satellites.
1) I tryed to reinstall the software for the phantom as well as the rc controller and it did not help.
2) No loose things inside under the hood either.
3) I recalibrated the compass
4) I tryed Phantom and Naza mode (both are not working for me)
5) the Phantom seems fine on the manual mode
Has any one encountered such a problem or might have some information that would help me.

Here is a screen from the FPV https://www.flickr.com/photos/134062527@N08/20903397581/in/datetaken
here I uploaded a short film on which You can see how the lights (all swithes are up and the same light is when there are 6 or more satellites in view)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

try it well away from the railings and i will take a guess that the concrete slab your on has rebar in it.
try it in a nice open space, well away from anything metal

The environment is not the issue as I have tryed it in several places. I have put it on the balcony just for the purpouse of making the short movie normaly I would not try to fly it from there.

Your screen shot shows only 4 satellites. That is why it also shows ATTI and you have yellow lights flashing.

Ok, sorry for the trouble :( , today I will take it out and make some proper phtos to better picture the problem

some more movies from today
it didn't wont to go up, although after a while it did go up by itsealf and landed
the GPS looks fine, I had in range 12 satellites: https://flic.kr/p/xQfFLw

Your fast green flashing lights in the first video do not look normal. In the second video it doesn't look like the motors are spinning at the same speed but it's hard to tell on video.

Have you done an advanced IMU calibration since the crashes? If not, do that. Also calibrate your RC and Phantom in the appropriate assistants.

Yes, I have done the advance IMU calibration, all the controls in the assistance software are indicating that everything is correct also all the firmwares are up to date.
And the motors on the video seem to not to be speeding on the same lavel, but that was not seen through the eye, this effect is only noticable on the video

Try a different battery. You may well have a failing cell after the first crash and although the voltage is holding up, the current delivery is not there.

LiPos can sometimes exhibit this behavior and I note your battery is not fully charged. Maximum current delivery is required for launch, so I would never attempt a take off without a fully charged battery.

Hi I have a problem with my Phantom 2 (H3-3D GoPro) it keep falling down after ca. 4 minutes of flight
At first the Ph. had a drop with a vortex ring state, after it there was no problem for a while, I thought that the fall was made by my mistake. Recently I took the Ph. out and after 4 min. or so the he fell agin speeding towards ground. Now the lights indicate only in yellow slow blinks (see atached movie) althoug he is finding the satellites.
1) I tryed to reinstall the software for the phantom as well as the rc controller and it did not help.
2) No loose things inside under the hood either.
3) I recalibrated the compass
4) I tryed Phantom and Naza mode (both are not working for me)
5) the Phantom seems fine on the manual mode
Has any one encountered such a problem or might have some information that would help me.

Here is a screen from the FPV https://www.flickr.com/photos/134062527@N08/20903397581/in/datetaken
here I uploaded a short film on which You can see how the lights (all swithes are up and the same light is when there are 6 or more satellites in view)

Ok, sorry for the trouble :( , today I will take it out and make some proper phtos to better picture the problem

Here's a video that show the startup sequence of a P2 in the phantom GPS mode. Read the description below the video.

The next startup sequence was done in the Naza-M mode the in P2 software. For more info read the discription below the video

Pop the top look on the main board for any cracks .

some more movies from today
it didn't wont to go up, although after a while it did go up by itsealf and landed
the GPS looks fine, I had in range 12 satellites: https://flic.kr/p/xQfFLw

It appears that you need to calibrate those sticks both in the RC and P2 software.. When calibrating the sticks in the P2 software the RC unit has to be turned on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers