Phantom 4 Pro V2 is now RID compliant

Where are you getting the "RID" number from? Serial number of the drone? Serial number of the controller? Or some other generated number? Hkw long is it supposed to be? I recall reading about the logic and length of the RID number, but I can't find it now.

Where are you getting the "RID" number from? Serial number of the drone? Serial number of the controller? Or some other generated number? Hkw long is it supposed to be? I recall reading about the logic and length of the RID number, but I can't find it now.
I tried the serial number of the drone, not the controller. If you can find the logic/length article, that might work. It doesn't accept plain numbers.

Scroll down to the Additional Tips section.

Reactions: john.a.quist
The RID number design is mentioned in this thread by DJI as well.

1581F is the manufacturer. And in this case 1581F is DJI. I seen a list of all the manufacturer numbers at one time but can't find it. For our drones 1581F is what we need.

Scroll down to the Additional Tips section.

Thanks. I'll try that.

Just got this info from DJI:

If the drone has a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F), the Remote ID serial number is the same as the aircraft serial number

If the drone has a 14-digit alphanumeric serial number, the Remote ID SN=1581F+14-digit flight controller SN+0, and the total number of digits is also 20.

So that allowed me to register my drone on the Drone Zone site.

Still an issue with DJI Go 4 AeroScope info and whether the drone is really transmitting RID info.

Okay, after a lengthy chat session with DJI support, I still haven't yet successfully been able to confirm that the RID is being transmitted. But here are some tips:
-- The RID serial must be registered with the FAA before it can be transmitted by the drone. I'm not sure how that works but apparently you must register the RID for everything to work.
-- The RID is only transmitted while the motors on the drone are running.
-- Once registered and with motors running, the RID should be visible by scanning (on a phone or whatever) available wifi networks. This hasn't worked for me yet, but DJI did tell me that there may be a delay after registering the RID, so I'm going to leave it a while then try again. Supposedly you can find RID status in the Go 4 app also, but I wasn't able to figure out how to do that.

Last edited:
1581F is the manufacturer. And in this case 1581F is DJI. I seen a list of all the manufacturer numbers at one time but can't find it. For our drones 1581F is what we need.
The FAA wouldn't accept 1581F so I tried 1581E and it took!

The RID on my other drone is 20 digits so I assume there is some format that makes the FAA happy. I was able to put 20 numbers in the Go app. DJI has always, IMO, sucked at documentation. The FAA is the the FAA.
I was able to put in 10 random numbers, or the first 10 digits of my real ID, which Go accepted. But anytime I tried to put in more than 10 it burped.

Okay, after a lengthy chat session with DJI support, I still haven't yet successfully been able to confirm that the RID is being transmitted. But here are some tips:
-- The RID serial must be registered with the FAA before it can be transmitted by the drone. I'm not sure how that works but apparently you must register the RID for everything to work.
-- The RID is only transmitted while the motors on the drone are running.
-- Once registered and with motors running, the RID should be visible by scanning (on a phone or whatever) available wifi networks. This hasn't worked for me yet, but DJI did tell me that there may be a delay after registering the RID, so I'm going to leave it a while then try again. Supposedly you can find RID status in the Go 4 app also, but I wasn't able to figure out how to do that.

What does the registration of the RID number with the FAA have to do with using the drone. There is no electronic connection between the drone and the FAA. Plus GO 4 only let's you enter 10 digits of the 20 digit RID number. You can't enter the entire RID number anywhere I know of in the new GO 4 app. No "RID Status" found anywhere.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniac