Phantom 4 Pro V2 is now RID compliant

Thats what I think you are supposed to do. I'm guessing the Identification field is for your FAA number. How else would anyone monitoring know what your FAA license number is? The drone does not know. I suppose it would broadcast the rest of the info. automatically. Serial number, location, take off point, etc. I just can't find any app that can receive this info which makes me question whether its working or not.

DJI supplied the firmware with install instructions but nothing else like how to use it or confirm its working.

Thats what I think you are supposed to do. I'm guessing the Identification field is for your FAA number. How else would anyone monitoring know what your FAA license number is? The drone does not know. I suppose it would broadcast the rest of the info. automatically. Serial number, location, take off point, etc. I just can't find any app that can receive this info which makes me question whether its working or not.
Just tried to edit the info for the drone in the drone zone - when I said RID compliant it put the actual serial # of the drone as the default. I tried to save but it said invalid #. Suppose I'll just try the FAA id. Also just tried to update a second P4P v2 - tried several times and it doesn't think it needs a firmware upgrade (but of course it does)

Just tried to edit the info for the drone in the drone zone - when I said RID compliant it put the actual serial # of the drone as the default. I tried to save but it said invalid #. Suppose I'll just try the FAA id. Also just tried to update a second P4P v2 - tried several times and it doesn't think it needs a firmware upgrade (but of course it does)
Duh. Signed out then signed in again - and it recognized the new firmware.

I am confused with this statement in the PDF "DO NOT update to this firmware version if the GS Pro app is being used with the aircraft. Otherwise, the aircraft cannot be used." I have GS Pro installed on my tablet but rarely use it. Do I simply delete the GS Pro app and never use it?
You should contact DJI if you have any doubts, but I believe they are saying the current version of GS Pro is not compatible with the new firmware. And if you install the new firmware, GS Pro can no longer be used.

Does this also render DroneDeploy useless ? It’s been said it rendered all third party mapping apps worthless for the M2P. Even went on to say DJI’s response was “get an enterprise unit! M2P wasn’t made for mapping”
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Anyone been able to test any acquisition software (drone deploy, others) after this update yet?

Still stuck on what the ID should be though. Tried the FAA id - says invalid. Says check with manufacturer for ID?
There seems to be a fundamental problem with saving the RID in Go. Has anyone been able to do it? The correct ID is 20 digits per DJI, but the field "Identification" says it is limited to 10 characters. I've put in a request to DJI to explain. But when I put the correct ID in Go says "apply failed"

You should contact DJI if you have any doubts, but I believe they are saying the current version of GS Pro is not compatible with the new firmware. And if you install the new firmware, GS Pro can no longer be used.
Thanks.

There seems to be a fundamental problem with saving the RID in Go. Has anyone been able to do it? The correct ID is 20 digits per DJI, but the field "Identification" says it is limited to 10 characters. I've put in a request to DJI to explain. But when I put the correct ID in Go says "apply failed"
I just checked and mine populated fine. Didn’t enter anything! Thank I just assigned a name and that was it.

Last edited:
Before I let the aircraft warm up!

IMG_0048_Original.jpeg

After it sat awhile

IMG_0049_Original.jpeg

Not sure why the red triangle when normal

OK. I downloaded, updated, checked the Go 4 and everything seems to be working right, but when I turn on my phone to check if it is working, I get nothing.
I also don't see the P4P, after updating firmware, either on IOS app nor Android.
Both my remote id stand alone modules (DRONEBEACON and DRONETAG) can be seen in any RID app. Guess I will fly with them and not trust DJI, as usual.

Attachments

• RID.jpg
    RID.jpg
    889 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
That's where I am at. Is it working? How can you tell? Should I even care at this point? I did what I was supposed to do.

I tried. Updated app. Updated firmware. Inputted a number in Aeroscope. Put 10 digit number in Drone Zone, invalid #. Put a 20 digit number in Drone Zone, invalid #. Connected drone to DJI assistant, no remote ID listed. Used Drone Scanner, no RID. Downloaded Drones Flying Near Me, no RID. Did a search for "proper numbering sequence for drone remote id", propeller says it's the same as the aircraft serial number, invalid #. Anyone have an idea how to be a good boy?

I tried. Updated app. Updated firmware. Inputted a number in Aeroscope. Put 10 digit number in Drone Zone, invalid #. Put a 20 digit number in Drone Zone, invalid #. Connected drone to DJI assistant, no remote ID listed. Used Drone Scanner, no RID. Downloaded Drones Flying Near Me, no RID. Did a search for "proper numbering sequence for drone remote id", propeller says it's the same as the aircraft serial number, invalid #. Anyone have an idea how to be a good boy?
I've got a request in to DJI Support, since the person chatting with me on support couldn't answer why the real ID is supposed to be 20 digits, but the Go app only accepts 10.

I've got a request in to DJI Support, since the person chatting with me on support couldn't answer why the real ID is supposed to be 20 digits, but the Go app only accepts 10.
The RID on my other drone is 20 digits so I assume there is some format that makes the FAA happy. I was able to put 20 numbers in the Go app. DJI has always, IMO, sucked at documentation. The FAA is the the FAA.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24