Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 (now official)

I believe so. Batteries are also cross compatible. My Pro V2 will arrive in a few days and I’ll try it out.

I still have my "classic" P3P - all tricked out with...dyed props. I've got hundreds of hours on it. Sure, the P4P v2 looks like the cats meow (whatever that means), but perhaps @msinger or another admin/person-in-the-know could share whether a P5 is on the horizon in 2018 or if the P4P will be new and shiny into 2019?

I know its a crystal ball question...just thought I'd throw it out there. Happy flying all.

Reactions: flockshot
perhaps @msinger or another admin/person-in-the-know could share whether a P5 is on the horizon in 2018 or if the P4P will be new and shiny into 2019?
At this point, all that's really known is another Phantom model with a removable lens is out in the wild. It's not clear as to whether it's a P5 or another P4 model. Nor do we really know in which year it'll be released (since DJI doesn't give hints far in advance).

That seems highly likely for the p5. My feeling on the MP2 is they are waiting for Autel to make a move so they can squash it like they did with gopro

Hi everyone.. Long time no post (my P3P has been running great since Msinger helped prevent me from smashing with a hammer after a very difficult firmware update, thanks again for that Msinger :) ) ...
This version 2 now has my attention... quick questions in reference to the "ocusync"...

Does the Ocusync on the V2 only aid in the transmission of the wireless goggles ?
Will the Ocusync also assist in the "communication" allowing for better "range" ?
Will the P4P v2 have better range than the P4P without the ocusync ?

Peace :)

Last edited:
Does the Ocusync on the V2 only aid in the transmission of the wireless goggles?
The drone and remote controller communicate via OcuSync too (instead of Lightbridge).

@msinger do u get this when looking at compass values on v2?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180514-172007.jpg
    Screenshot_20180514-172007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 372
My first flight with the P4P v2.0 was today. I am very happy with it, but keep in mind I upgraded from a P3A which I have been using for over 3 years. As much as I love the P4P v2.0, I still stand by my statement that I would not get this if you already own a P4P v1.0. Just wait for the P5.

My first flight with the P4P v2.0 was today. I am very happy with it, but keep in mind I upgraded from a P3A which I have been using for over 3 years. As much as I love the P4P v2.0, I still stand by my statement that I would not get this if you already own a P4P v1.0. Just wait for the P5.
Congrats ... I got mine up about 20 feet then brought it back down. Could not get a solid compass calibration on the deck so I didn't chance it. I stepped up from the P4.

Reactions: vjdave
Here is my P4P+ v2.0. Charging up the batteries for some more flying tomorrow.

Attachments

• P4P2-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 483
  • P4P2-2.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 477
  • P4P2-3.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 512
Does anyone know if the P4P props can be used on the new V2? I ask because the new props might be sold out for a long while...

Yes sir, the V2.0 Low Noise Props as well as batteries are all cross compatible.

Reactions: bkushner
Yes sir, the V2.0 Low Noise Props as well as batteries are all cross compatible.
Is the battery different? I thought I read that it was the same. If different, what is different?

Do you have any experience to comment on how much quieter the v2 props are on a v1 P4P?
I know it said not as quiet as a true v2 because the v2 is also a newer motor design, but I don't recall reading if its a noticeable decrease is volume on a v1 or more aesthetics.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik