Phantom 4 Pro - The Video footage is shaking - Problem

I just returned the p4p at Best Buy and got a new one. I set it up and wasn't doing the vibration when tilting the camera. So tomorrow I will fly it to confirm that the new p4p is not defective like the first one.

I just returned the p4p at Best Buy and got a new one. I set it up and wasn't doing the vibration when tilting the camera. So tomorrow I will fly it to confirm that the new p4p is not defective like the first one.

have you done all firmware upgrades already?

hi guys, I have a P4Pro and it has this gimbal noise problem and shaking video. It does it mostly when the camera is looking forward or up. I tried to stick a coin behind of the camera and the buzzing eliminated as well as the shaking in video. I could RMA the drone but yesterday I had a light crash in a tree and I am afraid DJI will cancel my warranty because there is some sort of black box inside these drones and capture the crashes. Anyway, the drone doesnt have any functional damage except some scratches and still works as before but now I am thinking to just buy the parts I need from ebay or aliexpress to fix this gimbal shake by myself. So what do I need to buy? are the gimbal motors the root of the problem or something else? anyone know?

@ bassistas... When you start your drone, before take off, does the gimbal shake? If so, does it make a noise? If you tuck a shim behind the gimbal, does it suppress the shake and the noise? Also, if you have the drone on for several minutes, feel the motors for the gimbal and the camera. Are they hot?

@ bassistas... When you start your drone, before take off, does the gimbal shake? If so, does it make a noise? If you tuck a shim behind the gimbal, does it suppress the shake and the noise? Also, if you have the drone on for several minutes, feel the motors for the gimbal and the camera. Are they hot?

Yes it is exactly like this. The motors are getting hot but I dont know if this is normal or not because they are working. The gimbal shakes when stationary on the table. Here is also a video which shows the problem:

Do I need to replace all three gimbal motors?

You have a pro 4. I have a pro 3. Above my camera, is a tiny pinpoint light. When powered up and all is good it is green. Mine was red. The shaking is called the chicken dance. Everyone told me to replace motors. I filmed my drone with iPhone and sent it to DJI support. I sent it in to them. They replaced a gyro board and it worked fine after that. If you want to know more, search threads with Phantom 4 Pro Chicken Dance.

You have a pro 4. I have a pro 3. Above my camera, is a tiny pinpoint light. When powered up and all is good it is green. Mine was red. The shaking is called the chicken dance. Everyone told me to replace motors. I filmed my drone with iPhone and sent it to DJI support. I sent it in to them. They replaced a gyro board and it worked fine after that. If you want to know more, search threads with Phantom 4 Pro Chicken Dance.

I searched with this keyword but this isnt what my drone does. My gimbal is very stable, only the camera shakes up and down. Do you think it is a good idea to buy the gimbal motors? or at least the motor next to the camera?

Like I said, I made a movie of my drone with camera shaking. I described what was happening, and DJI support told me what was wrong.

I had that issue last year. I'll look and see if I still have it. Can you post a video?
My problem was a constant vibration of the camera. On 5 or 8 second intervals. The videos captured the vibration and were not fun to watch. I put a piece of card board behind my camera. That suppressed the vibration, but did not allow the gimbal to function well.

The videos are no longer in the posts. I don't have the originals.
DJI replaced a bad gimbal module
And the top shell.

I searched with this keyword but this isnt what my drone does. My gimbal is very stable, only the camera shakes up and down. Do you think it is a good idea to buy the gimbal motors? or at least the motor next to the camera?
I would have it replaced under warranty. It's not a good idea to replace gimbal motors or the motor next to the camera. DJI just replaces the entire unit. You will just void your warranty and likely not fix the issue.

I would have it replaced under warranty. It's not a good idea to replace gimbal motors or the motor next to the camera. DJI just replaces the entire unit. You will just void your warranty and likely not fix the issue.

I know its not a good idea but as I have mentioned above, I had a small crash. so I suppose my warranty is gone? I have read somewhere that there is something like a blackbox inside and when they get the drone in their hands they immediatly see there was a crash. I dont like to spend my time and money (for shipping costs and repair costs to dji) and get the drone back fixed in a month or more. So if there is no warranty I prefer to fix it myself and avoid waiting. I have the skills and the apropriate tools for the work, I just need to know what parts to order.

I know its not a good idea but as I have mentioned above, I had a small crash. so I suppose my warranty is gone? I have read somewhere that there is something like a blackbox inside and when they get the drone in their hands they immediatly see there was a crash. I dont like to spend my time and money (for shipping costs and repair costs to dji) and get the drone back fixed in a month or more. So if there is no warranty I prefer to fix it myself and avoid waiting. I have the skills and the apropriate tools for the work, I just need to know what parts to order.
I don't know that DJI sells the parts you need, except as a full camera assembly, and if you fly the drone enough before sending it in, the crash .DAT file will have already been overwritten. The 4GB internal card only holds the last 10 or so flights, before the earliest file is overwritten. DJI pays all shipping costs, and they may charge you a repair cost, but will send you a brand new aircraft or a refurb like new one, as they rarely repair the unit you send in. There could also be internal damage you cannot see that may cause another crash. Do as you like, but I wouldn't perform brain surgery on myself, even if I did it for a living. Your best bet might be to buy a used crashed P4P with a good gimbal and camera, and swap camera assemblies. Best of luck solving your problem.:cool:

I don't know that DJI sells the parts you need, except as a full camera assembly, and if you fly the drone enough before sending it in, the crash .DAT file will have already been overwritten. The 4GB internal card only holds the last 10 or so flights, before the earliest file is overwritten. DJI pays all shipping costs, and they may charge you a repair cost, but will send you a brand new aircraft or a refurb like new one, as they rarely repair the unit you send in. There could also be internal damage you cannot see that may cause another crash. Do as you like, but I wouldn't perform brain surgery on myself, even if I did it for a living. Your best bet might be to buy a used crashed P4P with a good gimbal and camera, and swap camera assemblies. Best of luck solving your problem.:cool:

Is this confirmed that if I lets say fly for 20 more times the crash log will be deleted? The drone works perfectly despite the crash , except the camera shake which was a problem from when I purchased it. It only has some small scratches on the body (near the motors on the white plastic and on the legs) from the crash.
As for the shipping costs I asked DJI for that and they told me they dont cover shipping costs for my Country (Greece), so in any case I will have to pay for the shipping costs.
I have seen also on the internet some other guys who sent the drone without warranty for repair to DJI and the costs were too high. For example the whole system camera-gimbal costs around $600 from DJI and if I buy the parts I need from aliexpress is about $50 (if lets say the motors is the problem).
I dont think also its a good idea to buy a crashed drone and exchange the camera-gimbal because it may have been affected from the crash and this means more headache for me. I would prefer a clean solution.

Is this confirmed that if I lets say fly for 20 more times the crash log will be deleted? The drone works perfectly despite the crash , except the camera shake which was a problem from when I purchased it. It only has some small scratches on the body (near the motors on the white plastic and on the legs) from the crash.
As for the shipping costs I asked DJI for that and they told me they dont cover shipping costs for my Country (Greece), so in any case I will have to pay for the shipping costs.
I have seen also on the internet some other guys who sent the drone without warranty for repair to DJI and the costs were too high. For example the whole system camera-gimbal costs around $600 from DJI and if I buy the parts I need from aliexpress is about $50 (if lets say the motors is the problem).
I dont think also its a good idea to buy a crashed drone and exchange the camera-gimbal because it may have been affected from the crash and this means more headache for me. I would prefer a clean solution.
You can look at all the current .DAT files remaining on the drone, to make sure the crash .DAT file is overwritten by a newer one, even if just from multiple "flights" from idling on the ground for a full battery. I didn't realize you are in Greece. Shipping costs are a factor then. If you know what you are doing, and can get the right motors from AliExpress and install them, have at it! Worst case, you buy a new full camera module, if your attempted repair work fails, and you break the camera. If it flies fine, as long as you are careful, you can't break anything else by just working on the camera module. It will still fly fine. Maybe DJI would let you just send in the camera module under warranty, given the expense of shipping the full drone? You don't need to send in the RC or the battery or the charger or the props for warranty or repair, so you can get the weight down for shipping. Camera assembly alone would be even lighter and much smaller. You can also try buying a used good camera assembly from a parts dealer, which would be cheaper than new, but still require shipping.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164