Phantom 4 pro shell and motor replacement

Reaction score
I crashed my 4 pro. I only damaged top and middle shell. It’s apart and have everything I need (parts) but, I need a definitive answer on splicing back motor wires or do I HAVE TO resolder? It’s a piece of equipment I could just buy but before I spend the money I’d rather just repair. All the help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I crashed my 4 pro. I only damaged top and middle shell. It’s apart and have everything I need (parts) but, I need a definitive answer on splicing back motor wires or do I HAVE TO resolder? It’s a piece of equipment I could just buy but before I spend the money I’d rather just repair. All the help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Soldering these wires is tricky. They are coated. You need to be able to sand off all the coating before you solder. I have read from people who have done it. I never have.

Ya, you need to be able to ‘tint’ the stripped ends of the wires. If you don’t, the solder joints are not sufficient.

The word is "tin" the ends of the wires, which refers to coating them with solder, which traditionally is a mixture of tin and lead, and sometimes antimony. Tinning the wire tips assures that they are ready to make good contact when soldered to the connection point.

The word is "tin" the ends of the wires, which refers to coating them with solder, which traditionally is a mixture of tin and lead, and sometimes antimony. Tinning the wire tips assures that they are ready to make good contact when soldered to the connection point.
Is this enough to remove the coating on these strands? I really think there is more to it than just tinning. I’ve read about sanding them.

Yes, I’ve fanned the wire strands out and gently scraped it with an exacto knife. Then twist the wires back and used a liquid flux before tinning them.

Would passing the stripped end of the wire through a small flame (as in a lighter) burn off the coating? I’ve had isssues with coated wire in other hobbies and it’s a pain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers