Phantom 4 pro plus no signal

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I just bought my phantom 4 pro plus three days ago and after a few flights without any problem, now, after the drone connects to the remote, it displays "No signal" and I can't see the image of the camera on the remote screen. Also, some of the info about the drone come up as N/A, such as "Aircraft battery, aircraft body temperature, gimbal status. I just updated both the drone and the remote to the latest version. What can I do about it besides sending it back for repairs, I want this to be my last resort. Thank you all in advance! Have a great day!

I just updated both the drone and the remote to the latest version.
I suppose it can be assumed that the update installed correctly? ( Never mind the Why did you do that) question. Look at your update .txt log on the SD card and see what that tells you. Share it here if you are unfamiliar with it.

I suppose it can be assumed that the update installed correctly? ( Never mind the Why did you do that) question. Look at your update .txt log on the SD card and see what that tells you. Share it here if you are unfamiliar with it.

I did the update after all these problems appeared because I thought that maybe that will fix it. I did the update via the assistant 2 app on pc. and it worked fine, I have the upgrade log just for the remote

Code:
 ------------- check_version -----------------
ID = 0xd ,current version [0.1.1.1] <--> [0.2.1.0], Need upgrade !!
ID = 0xe ,current version [5.2.3.2] <--> [5.15.11.0], Need upgrade !!
kMsgUpgrade e
upgrade 0x0E ,result 0x0,   success !!
[20181014 22:23:45]  ------------- check_version -----------------
[20181014 22:23:45] ID = 0xd ,current version [0.2.1.0] <--> [0.4.1.1]
[20181014 22:23:45] Need upgrade !!
[20181014 22:23:45] ID = 0xe ,current version [5.15.11.0] <--> [5.15.11.0]
[20181014 22:23:45] Need upgrade !!
[20181014 22:23:45] START UPGRADE ,devid d
[20181014 22:23:45] START UPGRADE ,devid e
[20181014 22:24:19] upgrade 0x0E ,result 0x0,   success !!

I did the update via the assistant 2 app on pc. and it worked fine, I have the upgrade log just for the remote
Grrrr....Forgot about the P4's using that method. However, there should be an aircraft log file someplace I would think. There are codes within that file that will tell you if there were any update anomalies. But if there were, it would not have updated. You may need to re-link. Is the status light on the RC red? If so try this:

Link RC to AC

I just did re-link the RC to AC, and the status light is green. I am also in my home right now. Could ths have this much of an impact? Also, I am sure that the update was successful because it said so, and as I mentioned above, the drone flies, the image is the only problem.

I am also in my home right now. Could ths have this much of an impact?
No, that should make no difference other than Satellite reception......Have you tried starting the motors? Props off of coarse. If that works, then you could possibly have an issue. The only other way that I can think of that might tell you something is to pull the latest power up .dat file from the aircraft itself. But do this after you start the motors, and use the controller stick's to give inputs. The aircraft .dat file will possibly tell you if the AC is attempting to respond. If that data proves conclusive, then you will most likely need to resort to sending it back. That is about all I can come up with at the moment. If you are interested in going the .dat file route, I can give you instruction links for that.

Everything works, I even got outside to test it a few minutes ago, even if the camera doesn't transmit any image to the remote, I flew it for a couple of minutes with no problems. It works just as it did in the first day, but I can't see the image. If you still think that the file might get us more answers, please tell me how to do it. Do you think that there might actually be a problem with the camera? Like maybe that cable that runs along the camera to the inside of the drone.

Last edited:
Do you think that there might actually be a problem with the camera? Like maybe that cable that runs along the camera to the inside of the drone.
That is quite likely, but possibly more than just the cable. Since everything else works fine, it is only downlink that is not working, which is your video feed and telemetry transmission from the AC to the RC. I would suspect that this is something that you will need to have looked at. As an option, just to see what happens. Try changing your transmission band from 2.4GHZ to 5.8GHZ and vice versa. If that does not help, I don't think the .dat files will help you either in diagnosing the issue further. The issue most likely is in the gimbal board.

I have also tried that with no luck. I'm going tomorrow to the shop where I got it from ans dee what they have to say. I hope they will not charge me, as it just happend by itself, two days after I got it.

You could also try taking video and stills, even though you can’t see anything on the remote. Hopefully it will write to the SD card and you will get some idea as to whether the problem lies with camera function, or your uplink/downlink.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20