PHANTOM 4 FLYAWAY (DRIFTAWAY?) - PLEASE HELP!

Makes me wonder how it could have registered as landed at 21% as that does need to be triggered when the props stop
The Phantom certainly did not land at the end of the flight log.

Neon, is this the healthy drone link you're talking about?:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Unfortunately Healthydrones is next to useless for investigating incidents.
It only gives a brief summary but no detail.
Until you upload the flight record as requested in post #2 above you will only get (mostly incorrect) guesses.
That's kind of what I'm thinking - it didn't RTH because it was in a GPS dead zone, thus didn't know which way home was.
There's no such thing as a GPS dead zone unless you fly under tree canopy. indoors or in a deep canyon.
At 700 feet up your Phantom has an unobstructed view of the sky and all the satellites from horizon to horizon.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Unfortunately Healthydrones is next to useless for investigating incidents.
It only gives a brief summary but no detail.
Until you upload the flight record as requested in post #2 above you will only get (mostly incorrect) guesses.

There's no such thing as a GPS dead zone unless you fly under tree canopy. indoors or in a deep canyon.
At 700 feet up your Phantom has an unobstructed view of the sky and all the satellites from horizon to horizon.

The log just stops. Either the transmitter was turned off at that time or the phantom just completely lost power. :/

The log just stops. Either the transmitter was turned off at that time or the phantom just completely lost power. :/

Nope, the bird was still going for a while after RC disconnected: after losing visual, I could still hear it - that is, after putting RC down & running towards the P4, since I couldn't hear anything over the RTH "beep beep beep." So they both still had power.

Thanks for your replies, but the P4 is gone for good. I need a drone though - any suggestions for P4 replacement that's NOT made by DJI?

Thanks for your replies, but the P4 is gone for good. I need a drone though - any suggestions for P4 replacement that's NOT made by DJI?
Sure ... any drone from any other maker.
But you won't find anyone else producing a drone that's as good as or better than a P3A.
The other makers are two generations behind.

Normally that is true.

I was flying my Cessna on a trip and lost all GPS signals. At first I thought something had gone wrong with the equipment in my plane. I mentioned it to a friend of mine who was flying at the same time and in the same area. He lost the GPS in his plane too.

I always check the status of the GPS system before flying the plane. We probably should check before drone flights too. GPS.gov: GPS Service Outages & Status Reports

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers