Phantom 4 flown into the clouds

Reaction score
I got my Phantom 4 a little wet while flying at 393.6 ft into the clouds.
It returned home fine, but when I tried to restart it after drying it out for 45 minutes, it makes a clicking noise.
I plan to let it dry for several days before trying to restart.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Alan in Aventura, Florida

It returned home fine, but when I tried to restart it after drying it out for 45 minutes, it makes a clicking noise.
Thanks,
Thank you for your advice.Have a nice evening!

I would recommend silica gel over rice - the easiest and cheapest bulk way is "crystal" type cat litter, which is basically silica gel plus some perfume (which should be harmless). Just put a layer in a box or tray and stand the Phantom in it like a cat using the litter tray, cover/seal and wait :)

Good luck!

First immediate step blow out with compressed air, better if done after opening, keep a fan on it for few days......always worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Sometimes it's tempting to take your bird into the clouds...many of us have suffered that yearning. If you give into this, you need to make absolutely sure that there are no aircraft (especially small personal planes) in the area. A small drone of almost any size hitting the engine(s) of a single or twin engine plane can bring it down. Best policy is to avoid the clouds all together and avoid a potential tragedy.

I would be inclined to put the drone into the airing cupboard (without the battery) to help it dry out, not on top the water-tank but nearby (don't force it, just let it happen naturally). Many electrical bits die when they get wet but often get a resurrection from the dead after a couple of days in the airing cupboard. I've tried it myself with a 'hangover' didn't do any good there though, and the wife kept opening the door and putting socks and towels in my face!

Reactions: Peter Galbavy
Thanks,

We launched a new product for the Phantom 4 Line called the Phantom 4 Rain Wetsuit
can be found at phantomrain.org

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks,

We Launched a new product for the Phantom 4 called the Phantom 4 Wetsuit , which you can find at Phantomrain.org I was curious as to how much moisture was up in the clouds,
was the drone drenched ?

Sometimes it's tempting to take your bird into the clouds...many of us have suffered that yearning. If you give into this, you need to make absolutely sure that there are no aircraft (especially small personal planes) in the area. A small drone of almost any size hitting the engine(s) of a single or twin engine plane can bring it down. Best policy is to avoid the clouds all together and avoid a potential tragedy.
absolutely!!

Usually it is pretty amazing to fly when the morning fog is lifting and forming low clouds, like on a altitude of a hundred meters or so. But I always try to avoid flying directly into them, as it is pretty much the equivalent of flying in the rain. Clouds are WET!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic