Phantom 4 CSC procedure is changed?

There has been a fix for those that feel they need it - it's free - and it's been available for some time.
Check my reply earlier in this thread.

How has making it a little less likely for one to inadvertently do a CSC made it worse for the rest of us?

Simple question really. I can't think of a good answer.

Seems it's geared towards noobs in order to prevent mid air CSC.

It will slow advanced operators slightly on any inflight emergency shutdown but not a deal breaker.
Oh I can see a noob pilot suddenly losing signal and moving the control sticks for a response and not realizing the left stick is still down while holding the RTH. Won't happen often but I'm sure it will happen as it's not 100% fool-proof.

We won't know until someone needs to perform an emergency engine shutdown & is left wondering why pulling both sticks down & in isn't stopping the motors
Hopefully they remember how they started the motors ;)

Reactions: Dirty Bird
We won't know until someone needs to perform an emergency engine shutdown & is left wondering why pulling both sticks down & in isn't stopping the motors. ;)

We need an "Advanced Flight Controls" & "Dweeb Flight Controls" setting. :D

Right they'll have to remember how to do an emergency shutdown as opposed to not knowing they did an emergency shutdown? Either way it crashes?

Reactions: Dirty Bird
You have to use this same "Down left/RTH button" procedure to start the motors also?
Let's hope they didn't just replace the CSC function in some cases. That would be crazy confusing, no?

Reactions: ianwood
The same the you basing your numbers off of . There is no real number bc of the secrecy that Dji plays . The amount of total csc accidentals will never be known unless revealed by Dji themselves . If it wasn't a problem u can best believe they wouldn't have changed it one bit .

Remember when all the phantoms 3 were falling out the sky ?

Like I said, I am basing my information from the number of reports on this site. It's a perfectly representative sample of the entire base.

There were more than a few people here that did inadvertent CSC's. I'm sure there were many more that DJi found as well. I'm sure based on claims they determined it was a problem even if it was user error. In my book why not change it as a result? How has this change negatively impacted anyone?

We can only base it on what we know. As I said, I recollect 2 or 3 on this site. Most all Phantoms died from other user errors. And then battery death. And then ESC failures. CSC is far down the list. And entirely avoidable.

So why not fix it? I'll make my point again. To CSC, you need to descend at 100% while yawing at 100% while moving backwards at 100% while moving sideways at 100%. If you are flying like this, you will crash anyway. Removing CSC won't help you.

And finally, I am making a point about this for all the new people. If you don't fly like a total lunatic, you will never see this problem.

Cars have a sport mode. But if you go 100 MPH and then suddenly turn the wheel all the way to the right while slamming on the brakes, you will end up on your roof. Sport mode doesn't mean you can defy the laws of physics. Forget about CSC, flying with that much deflection on the sticks is inconceivably foolish.
Even in a Lamborghini if you turn the wheel all the way right while slamming on the brakes, the car does not actually explode and if you tried to add that feature, the owners would not be pleased I suspect.

Lol, I remember when Smith and Wesson first tried to idiot proof their semi autos. What an utter an complete fluster cluck that was.

Never in my career have I seen so many patrol car floorboards, police station lobby clocks and bathroom urinals killed by a solution to a problem that didn't need fixing. Not to mention all the times it wouln't shoot when it needed to.

Even in a Lamborghini if you turn the wheel all the way right while slamming on the brakes, the car does not actually explode and if you tried to add that feature, the owners would not be pleased I suspect.

You clearly haven't been around Lambos much: https://www.google.com/search?q=lambo fire :D

lamborghini-gallardo-on-fir.jpg

The Phantom is the Ford F150 of drones. Don't drive it like it's a Lambo.

Lol. You mean jaguar. They come with a towing policy, two fire extinguishers and a fuse tester.

Reactions: Dounin Front
Oh I can see a noob pilot suddenly losing signal and moving the control sticks for a response and not realizing the left stick is still down while holding the RTH. Won't happen often but I'm sure it will happen as it's not 100% fool-proof.
If there is signal loss, that craft will not receive a CSC command. Maybe if its only a video signal loss.

We won't know until someone needs to perform an emergency engine shutdown & is left wondering why pulling both sticks down & in isn't stopping the motors. ;)

We need an "Advanced Flight Controls" & "Dweeb Flight Controls" setting. :D
Not me, I took the time to read the manual.

Like I said, I am basing my information from the number of reports on this site. It's a perfectly representative sample of the entire base.

We can only base it on what we know. As I said, I recollect 2 or 3 on this site. Most all Phantoms died from other user errors. And then battery death. And then ESC failures. CSC is far down the list. And entirely avoidable.

So why not fix it? I'll make my point again. To CSC, you need to descend at 100% while yawing at 100% while moving backwards at 100% while moving sideways at 100%. If you are flying like this, you will crash anyway. Removing CSC won't help you.

And finally, I am making a point about this for all the new people. If you don't fly like a total lunatic, you will never see this problem.

If the DJI list is to be believed, inadvertently doing a CSC is the number one cause of pilot error crashes. Quite possibly the reason you don't see people talking about it is because it's embarrassing, and totally avoidable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That answered good question for me. When I had a friend catch my copter and I use the CSC with the two sticks inword. And the copter wouldn't stop and It actually accelerated. I was like what the heck Now it makes sense why didn't shut off right away.

If there is signal loss, that craft will not receive a CSC command. Maybe if its only a video signal loss.
Yes, many times video goes out first, anyway that's the way it should be to minimize losses. If video is lost I doubt anyone would give craft down left stick, only a moron would do that. I always climb higher to get video signal back. Descending is suicide in most any video lost scenario, so CaptainDrone's suggestion really isn't realistic. However, I'm sure accidental CSCs do happen. What's really dumb is DJI added "down left stick" + "RTH" combo to shut down the motors mid-flight, but didn't remove the two stick CSC to shut down the drone. That's really dumb, give the public another way to accidentally shut the motors off mid-flight. Good one DJI. o_O

I never use CSC to shut down motors because I usually catch the drone with my right hand and give full down left stick with my left hand. It's kinda hard to give a two stick commands with one hand, unless you use a harness.

Reactions: Dounin Front

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj