Phantom 4 Battery problem

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I have an issue with one of my batteries. When checking the level it displays 3x green lights, but when I connect it to the drone, the battery starts as you would expect, but the drone doesn't power on. When connecting the battery to the charger, it flashes as if it is charging then the lights go out for a short period, then they start flashing again. this repeats continually and the battery never actually gains any charge.

I should note that, the battery did briefly power on the drone for a flight, which resulted in the drone immediately becoming unresponsive to the controller and it crashed. the motor kept spinning until the blades sheared off and I was able to pick it up and it finally shut off on its own. The emergency cut off through the controller didn't work.

So I don't know if the crash caused the battery to fail, or the failed battery caused the crash. I am leaning towards the latter, as when charging the battery one of them did seem to charge up much faster than the other (I suspect this is that battery)

Any help or thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
yes, the drone flies and operates as it should with the battery, and the other battery takes a full charge as well.

Reaction score
I believe that is the answer to your question. You have a battery problem.
I wouldn't try to fly the drone with a defective battery. Not only for the risk to loose the drone, but for the damage it can cause if it fails during a flight and falls.

Reactions: tmgrood
Reaction score
Yes, I am also thinking the battery is the issue. Is there a way to test the battery? or reset it if it has gone into a failsafe mode?

Reactions: tmgrood
Reaction score
Good morning all,

I have an issue with one of my batteries. When checking the level it displays 3x green lights, but when I connect it to the drone, the battery starts as you would expect, but the drone doesn't power on. When connecting the battery to the charger, it flashes as if it is charging then the lights go out for a short period, then they start flashing again. this repeats continually and the battery never actually gains any charge.

I should note that, the battery did briefly power on the drone for a flight, which resulted in the drone immediately becoming unresponsive to the controller and it crashed. the motor kept spinning until the blades sheared off and I was able to pick it up and it finally shut off on its own. The emergency cut off through the controller didn't work.

So I don't know if the crash caused the battery to fail, or the failed battery caused the crash. I am leaning towards the latter, as when charging the battery one of them did seem to charge up much faster than the other (I suspect this is that battery)

Any help or thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks
Definitely your battery is faulty and needs to be replaced.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lattoniccrow