Phantom 4 advanced vs. P4 Pro parts

Reaction score
I’m anticipating trying to make my P4 Advanced last another year or 2 as I use it often in my work as a location scout for film and TV.
I want to have all the shell parts, legs and motors standing by if there is a need. I have no interest in the Mavic or the Inspire.
I know there are some differences on the sensors between these 2 models.
Any advice on this strategy?

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I want to have all the shell parts, legs and motors standing by if there is a need. I have no interest in the Mavic or the Inspire.
I know there are some differences on the sensors between these 2 models.
Most parts are identical but the motors are not likely to fail and need replacement.

Reaction score
Amazon. (lots of education just a click away)
The shells are not the same
The shells are only different because of the extra sensors tho, right? In theory, could you use a Pro shell on an Advance and just not have the extra sensors?

Reaction score
If you find a place that has lots of parts for the Phantom 4 Pro, please let me know. I had a hard landing and messed up the gimbal speed controller board. Very hard part to find. Has DJI stopped making parts for this bird? My clients insist on a 20MP camera, so I don't have many choices. If I have to upgrade I am not sure it will be DJI, I might go for something where the camera is seperate and will work with most mirrorless cameras. No parts available for a product less than 5 years old is not good. I was close to buying a Matrice and upgrade my FLIR to XT2. But thinking in a couple years I won't be able to get parts for it either. May have one built by the guy in Houston rather than sticking with China.

Reaction score
I'm looking for a gimbal control board for a P4. I have one off a P4 pro and they're different. I seriously need one!!

Reaction score
YOu need the ESC (speed controller) for a Phantom 4 ? I think I have one for you. I was needing one for the Phantom 4 Pro, and ordered the wrong one. This is the shorter one. Never could find one for the Phantom 4 Pro, ended up just buying a new gimbal unit. Drop me a line if you need this and give me an address to send it.

Reaction score
send me a pic of the board. I'm not sure what board is the ESC Is

Reaction score
Ok I confused does the ESC bwd. operate/control the gimbal? I know there's three boards total on the gimbal assy.
I bought another complete gimbal for parts now the camera goes up level to completely down over and over then finally stops moving I played the game of swapping the boards on the two gimbals and this was the best result so far. Anybody had this situation?

Reaction score
Ok I confused does the ESC bwd. operate/control the gimbal? I know there's three boards total on the gimbal assy.
I bought another complete gimbal for parts now the camera goes up level to completely down over and over then finally stops moving I played the game of swapping the boards on the two gimbals and this was the best result so far. Anybody had this situation?
Did you ever find a solution.

Reaction score
no solution as of yet. swapped out a new esc bwd. New DJI ribbon cable. Moving parts back and forth seems kind of senseless I bought motors been putting off change them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsd84