Phantom 3 Standard won't rev or launch

Reaction score
I bought a used P3S and decided I didn't need the blade protectors. I took the mounts for the blade protectors off, and like a dummy put the long screws back in. I tested all the motors for movement and one had a bit of sound but not anything I could feel. I put the blade protector mounts back on and now it wont rev or launch. It connects to the app just fine and shows everything as normal. I can even hit auto launch and it tells me the home position has been set.

Is there some reset button I can push? Is there somewhere an error would show if there is a hardware problem?

You may see something in the flight log, but my guess is those long screws are bad news.

I wonder if I should dismantle it. Perhaps a wire was severed. Iv'e read about people with P2s that put the long screws in and cause the motors to grind. I have no unusual sound. Everything spins smoothly by hand. I cannot find any errors. It believes it's flying too. All lights are correct. Idk... what are symptoms from bad motors? I can't be the first person to put long screws in.

Those long screws probably went through the wire on the windings on all the motors and caused a dead short or broke them.There are cautions about using those long screws without the blade guards.The shaft turns but the windings are stationary and that is what is damaged.

I bought a used P3s where one motor had the guard mount removed and the long screws reinstalled. That motor would not power up. I removed the screws and looked up inside the motor. One strand on the copper winding was broken, therefore the motor was hooped and I had to replace it. Did that and the bird was back in the air. BTW, I also removed the guard mounts on the other three motors, but used the shorter screws to reattach the motors. So I'm thinking you may have to replace all 4 on your bird.[emoji15]

Reactions: Cavemahn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovesparesdirectuk