P3S No SSID

Reaction score
Hello all,

I bought a used Phantom 3 Standard last year. I downloaded the app, registered it, and flew it a few times.

I take it out this year and charge up the batteries and RC. When I go to search for the Wi-Fi SSID on my phone, nothing shows up. There is no “PHANTOM3-…” to connect to. I tried three different iPhones to see if any could find the network.

I’ve tried doing the whole “wheel turned up and flick S2 switch 3xs…”. Also tried going somewhere more remote and seeing if that helps.

Currently I’m letting the RC remote battery die and hopefully that will be a hard reset.

I’m trying to use it for drone fishing at the beach in a few weeks!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Your going to fish for drones?

As I recall the WifI Signal, comes from the remote you don't need the Phantom turned on, I may have a remote that still powers up, I got a link of somebody made of the RF signals of the P3S. Confusing but I think its real.
Real Confusing

I will locate it quickly.

Rod ..

Reactions: rughead04
Found it..

Rod ..

Found it..

Rod ..
Thanks for that fast response! Yea that is a bit confusing for me. Might have to do more research into it.

I’m looking to take my bait out in the surf further than I could cast. Should’ve been slightly more clear on the drone fishing haha

You sent me some likes, so post back with more questions.
Now we are not fishing drones, Fishing P3S Help.:)

Where are the P3S pros, probably fishing.

Rod..

Well I found the P3S remote, charging, makes the red light come on, some time if you stay around here, I will share some non shared video of what happened to the PS3.

Rod.

You sent me some likes, so post back with more questions.
Now we are not fishing drones, Fishing P3S Help.:)

Where are the P3S pros, probably fishing.

Rod..
I will look into this and get back to you with the results I have!
Thanks!

Reactions: RodPad
Well I turned the power on forgot I renamed the SSID to: Look Above.
I forget what the pass word but the iPad came up to you want to share to my phone, iPad does see it, but I think the bird needs to connected also.

Rod ..

Last edited:
I know what happened to my P3S, You need to get yours fixed first!
I have all the parts, the only one I trust is the remote control.

Rod..

Crap, I just remembered something.
I do with all electronics, short cut, instead of running the battery all they down.
In this case you pull the RC apart, Short out the wires that come from the battery, don't short out the battery, nor have the remote hooked to a charger ETC.

I would do that for 10 mins.

There is a reason for this procedure, I can explain and It is a cheap. 👌

Rod..

You gave me a like, so what do you know?
I have been here for a while

Help us out, I will split the $200 when he figures it out. I already have his CC# and SS#.

*hit my humor is twisted 👌:rolleyes:
It gets me in trouble.

I learned in retail you change anybody's personalty.

Rod..

You gave me a like, so what do you know?
I have been here for a while

Help us out, I will split the $200 when he figures it out. I already have his CC# and SS#.

*hit my humor is twisted 👌:rolleyes:
It gets me in trouble.

I learned in retail you change anybody's personalty.

Rod..
Yip was big fan of fishing with drones,didn't help me catch anything lol
Uuummm just goin back to 1st post in case method wasn't quite right maybe another wifi reset is needed,,,this is all I can think of without staring one in the face trying to replicate the issue,,,
I will have a look around though because of my curiosity
20230514_130800.jpg

Thanks!
Your name triggers me from the past.

I took a volunteer three year break from these forms.
It got ugly, Surprised I still had an account.

I love this place!

Rod..

Found this from old post,,,factory password is 12341234 but can custom it.....
bit odd this actually because it should do all this by itself everytime its turned on if I remember right so make sure you save
Screenshot_20230514-132620_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Where did you go?
Thread isn't done until you figure it out!

I'm a data geek, I will look at your ISP location, and follow you, via your mac address. :)

Rod

Yeh wonder where OP gone 2 also,,
Another question for @rughead04 is when you flick switch does the remote give a long beep ? That will confirm its reset,,The method above I post not mention that part
It is odd 3 devices dont work,That part I cant work out,,,p3s creates it's own wifi between drone and remote and device should pic it up if wifi is on ,,you shouldn't need to search for it when trying to connect to app
Yip hanging by a thread on this thread ,one way conversation dont work

If you did sort it out ,post your fix,,it might help others

Yeh wonder where OP gone 2 also,,
Another question for @rughead04 is when you flick switch does the remote give a long beep ? That will confirm its reset,,The method above I post not mention that part
It is odd 3 devices dont work,That part I cant work out,,,p3s creates it's own wifi between drone and remote and device should pic it up if wifi is on ,,you shouldn't need to search for it when trying to connect to app
Yip hanging by a thread on this thread ,one way conversation dont work

If you did sort it out ,post your fix,,it might help others
Hey y’all, sorry been super busy with work.

So I attempted to drain the battery, recharge, and try again but to no avail.

The Wi-Fi works between the drone and the remote, as I can still “fly” the drone. But the Wi-Fi does not connect to my phone. Or any phone for that matter.

When I flick the S2 switch to do the reset, I get the flashing red/green light on the remote. I don’t believe there is a long beep though.

I forgot this thread existed,

Please answer ianzone question with a fact. :)👌

Between the Remote and Phantom it doesn't use WiFi.
Between the Remote and your mobile device it does use WiFi.

Rod..

couple more things to try
Delete and reinstall DJIGO
Enable USB Debugging, if you can get app open
devices normally search for wifi,sometimes you'll get a list of nearby but because they locked they wont connect until password is given to connect,,see if refresh of your wifi picks up the phantom,if not ,enter it manually, have you tryed this,info on back of your remote,password,ssid,
I ask this before and pretty important part of it working
could guess all day long so need you to look at your device wifi list,,if phantom not there,put it in there
Cant try help till some things are eliminated, lot of searching in the background goin on but getting stumped till this wifi network in device is looked at
20230526_165231.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl