Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

c´mon guys (and girls?) as soon as it gets hot outside people becoming irritable and confrontational,
last week one guy at a parking lot threatened to sue me because he claimed my bicycle had fallen onto his shabby totally ugly old car, which has had already dozenz of scratches and bumps before. he called the police, they arrived, looked not amused, did nothing, and went back home. afterwards the guy called me 3 times, calling me names i cant cite here, and then out of the blue suggested an insure fraud. as if things werent hard enough without artificially generated mayhem.

whatever anybody smells, objectively ojczenasz did a lot of work and imho deserves donations,
no matter if the sum is less or more the required sum for a rf meter,
and no matter which sense of humor somebody understands, or not,
as long there is no harassment, and there wasnt, until judging of "attitudes" startet.
guys (girls?), better judge altitudes not attitudes.

People.. Lets back to discussion. And @Ojczenasz, get back here man! We are all "multiculture" brotherhood on Phantom 3 Standard enthusiast.

Continue..
What is the RTH's triger factor?
Lossing 5.8 or 2.4?

How the RTH command data sent to aircraft? By 5.8 or 2.4?

Those questions are related to: if I lose 5.8 signal before lossing 2.4, what will happened? Because this software hack is for 2.4 range, right?

Arya Dega

@Arya

I'm no expert, but I always loose videofeed before controll, and RTH have never kicked in before I've lost controll. And I'm always able to switch the s2 button to manually RTH, even though I've lost video.

So I'm guessing 5.8Ghz.

It was before FCC mod. The 2.4g was signal out and drone was just hovering. I had to return home by using manual switch.

It was before FCC mod. The 2.4g was signal out and drone was just hovering. I had to return home by using manual switch.
Your one does the same as mine then. Video feed goes first (expected), but then despite having a near full control signal it is suddenly lost and the drone flies back. I'm beginning to wonder if it's worthwhile spending the extra for a Lightbridge one...

Hello. ON my P3 4K with 1.5.40 firmware i have done the 27dbm update

But i don't want my rc to overheat.

As i see i can change the power limit inside watchlog with notepad++

My question is :

How many DBM can i use at MAX with STOCK ANTENNA without overheat my rc ??

2000?
2400?
2700?

thank you !

Hello,

I have a p3 4k firmware 1.5.40 and dji go app 2.8.7 i've downloaded the latest software from papatita v3.7 i started the soft choosed rc patch only and i selected channel 13 only. I was connected to the wifi of the drone both rv and drone turned on. Firewall off and anticirus stopped. I click step 1 then when OK i restartes both drone and rc when connecting back to the drone wifi the iwinfo was still showing txpower 15 and chanel 2 .... Can someole tell me what im doing wrong ?

Cheers
Flo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello,

I have a p3 4k firmware 1.5.40 and dji go app 2.8.7 i've downloaded the latest software from papatita v3.7 i started the soft choosed rc patch only and i selected channel 13 only. I was connected to the wifi of the drone both rv and drone turned on. Firewall off and anticirus stopped. I click step 1 then when OK i restartes both drone and rc when connecting back to the drone wifi the iwinfo was still showing txpower 15 and chanel 2 .... Can someole tell me what im doing wrong ?

Cheers
Flo

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thats because you havent finish step 2. After step 2, reboot, and you will see it go to 27dbm.

if you leave "limit", 27dbm seem to be no problem with stock antennas in remote and copter,
but no long term tests available now obviously..
you could place a temp sensor on the wifi module in the remote (maybe also in the copter) and test several dbm values,
make sure you fly far enough away so the wifi power goes up. compare it with stock temperatures.

if you leave "limit", 27dbm seem to be no problem with stock antennas in remote and copter,
but no long term tests available now obviously..
you could place a temp sensor on the wifi module in the remote (maybe also in the copter) and test several dbm values,
make sure you fly far enough away so the wifi power goes up. compare it with stock temperatures.

The Americans don't seem to be reporting burnt out wifi when running with after market antenna? Isn't the mod just bringing the wifi up to FCC strength?

I'd surmise that there should be no problem with overheating. Unless I am missing something here?

Viewing at 27dbm with no probs so far!!

The Americans don't seem to be reporting burnt out wifi when running with after market antenna? Isn't the mod just bringing the wifi up to FCC strength?

I'd surmise that there should be no problem with overheating. Unless I am missing something here?

Viewing at 27dbm with no probs so far!!

CE = 16dbm
FCC = 20dbm

Reactions: Vedders

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z