Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

On the official DJI's website, P3 Standard, Advance, and Professional, CE mode is 16dbm and FCC is 20dbm.

If you force the EIRP to 27dbm you have to consider for re-match your antenna using SWR meter. If not, you will burn your tx module soon. Maybe not at current flight, but soon it will be.

16 dbm = 40 mW (CE)
20 dbm = 100 mW (FCC)
27 dbm = 501.2 mW (1/2 Watt!!)

The heat produced by internal tx modul will effect with many different behaviour to your unit. Could be strightly burn the tx modul, or might be started with slightly by damaging other moduls besides; like disconnected WiFi, decreased tx quality, slowly reduced video quality, etc.

If you all insist using 27 dbm with no re-matching antenna, then I hope everything will be okay for long lasting. At least, always set the home point before long range flight with 27 dbm.

So i need to get a 27dbm antenna if ill go with 27? Might sound stupid, but i know nothing about this. Batter safe than sorry imo

Could someone guide me on how to connect via (android) telnet in order to check (while on ground with dji app open and home point recorded) if the 27dbm mode rc only is working?

I also have the channel 13 to 1 mod. Does turning off the remote and again on emulates the reconnection issues people are referred when they use the mod? I wanna check if I will potentially have them.

(No option to test in real flight until next week)

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Could someone guide me on how to connect via (android) telnet in order to check (while on ground with dji app open and home point recorded) if the 27dbm mode rc only is working?

I also have the channel 13 to 1 mod. Does turning off the remote and again on emulates the reconnection issues people are referred when they use the mod? I wanna check if I will potentially have them.

(No option to test in real flight until next week)

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

install any telnet app, and while flying, connect to 192.168.1.1 for remote,
then type "iwinfo" without excl. marks, then u see wheter 17 oder 27 dbm.
this is the maxtransmit power
do this also for 192.168.1.2 (copter)

there should be no reconnect issues when you dont use scan channel,
if there are issues the cause is probably elsewhere,
fried hardware because of too much rf power in combination with bad (bad swr) antennae, with stock antennas (an cables not loose) are up to now no clear reports of damaged hardware because of the power when useing "limit" instead of "fixed" (only a lot of scripting related bricked hardware , in the pre-papatita- aera)

Reactions: Arya
I know that its a 55 page thread, ive read to several of them. But i didnt find any knowledge that i needed.
Bought my 3S yesterday, experineced bad reception.
What of the choices shall ipick from the win app?
FFC RC only? How will that effect? will it automaticly find the best channel for me?
thanks!
RC only for sure! first without scan channel, then later you can revert to ce
and try it with scan channel

Reactions: PapaTita
Does someone has experience with scan channel. Firmware 1.6.8 and iPhone 5s and dji go app?

So i need to get a 27dbm antenna if ill go with 27? Might sound stupid, but i know nothing about this. Batter safe than sorry imo

good question, answer: no. using stock antennas is fine.
the mod itself is at own risk, it might some time let the hardware age earlier or instantly, we´ll see
in a few months..

Reactions: Kapten
Lets hope i did this right,Patch to FCC remote only, RC limit to 20Dbm. No other options chosen.
Will test fly later this evening

If channel 14 can be choosen, that would be awesome.
So then I just need to use PapaTita's mod for FCC. Not for FCC+7 dbm.
And then the right antenna is the stock one.

Arya Dega

Hi guy's looking for a little advice.
I have read the last 20-30 pages of this thread and all was looking promising and then not so promising due to software programme's seemingly reverting back to area specific limits etc among'st other potential pitfalls.....so I'm now a little confused and would love to have some clarification if possible about my set up.

I'm in the U.K and run a P3S with ArgTek Wi-Fi Extender's (7dbi) and a Samsung Galaxy S5 and use Litchi App or DJI Go.

Will PapaTita's app mod run o.k using the above named software.....I have read in the thread that running these app's will re-vert my output to CE mode ?
There was talk of antenna's potentially burning out, if I was to use PapaTita's app what dBm should I set....the 20 or 27dBm ?

Any advice/clarification would be appreciated.

Best Wishes

Harmudge

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdog21782
@harmudge

set to 20 andd hopefully nothing will burn.
if your firmware is 1.5.7 oder 1.6.8 it will keep the changes

If we are in the USA, then it will automatically change to FCC with stock antenna. That means it will be safe using 20 dbm with stock antenna. The problem is there are many people already changed their antenna.

Arya Dega

Hi guy's looking for a little advice.
I have read the last 20-30 pages of this thread and all was looking promising and then not so promising due to software programme's seemingly reverting back to area specific limits etc among'st other potential pitfalls.....so I'm now a little confused and would love to have some clarification if possible about my set up.

I'm in the U.K and run a P3S with ArgTek Wi-Fi Extender's (7dbi) and a Samsung Galaxy S3 and use Litchi App or DJI Go.

Will PapaTita's app mod run o.k using the above named software.....I have read in the thread that running these app's will re-vert my output to CE mode ?
There was talk of antenna's potentially burning out, if I was to use PapaTita's app what dBm should I set....the 20 or 27dBm ?

Any advice/clarification would be appreciated.

Best Wishes

Harmudge

The first mod scripts that were used set the strenght to "fixed 27dbm". After that some people encountered the RC's transmitters gettings warmer, because of transmitting strenght was fixed on 27dbm no mather the distance.
The latest mod script sets the strenght to "limit 27dbm" meaning the strenght is variabel depending on the distance.

Reactions: nikf

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor