Phantom 3 standard Photography

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Phantom 3 Standard.

I have a few clients that are willing to pay me for a few photos of their house. Probably 10 photos total. How much should I charge? I have 10 Hours flight time total. I am 15 and live in Arizona. I am pretty good with my drone.

org_b61e15e5a6035ed4_1508182988000.jpg org_aa63dfc990b261b1_1508182744000.jpg org_f6f091b4efb6b2ec_1508182688000.jpg org_a27b9d31c774c1f5_1508182343000.jpg
here are some of my pics

Welcome to the forum McFlyPhantom.

Good work on the pictures.

Price is something you'll have to work out locally. What I make here in my region may be totally out of whack with what you can charge there in your area. Also it depends on how badly they want/need the pics and what they intend to do with them. A photo for hanging on the wall of their home has less value than a photo used to locate/track damage or problems.

Also you need to know that in the US you have to have an FAA Part 107 RPIC certificate before you can charge for anything to do with flying your UAS. Don't fall for the rumor of "I charge for editing not for flying" etc. Those loopholes have long since been closed and proven inaccurate.

Due to your age I'm not sure how this would work out. In order to get Part 107 you have to be at least 16 years of age. So maybe you can do some fun flying for now and start studying for your Part 107 and try to get it as soon as you hit 16. Be sure to play by the rules now because you don't want to be on the FAA "Radar" when you get older and want to go BIG with your drones.

Reactions: McFlyPhantom
Hey mate,

Nice pictures!

I'm 16 and also fly a P3 Standard in Australia. I agree with BigAI07 on the law issue - you definitely don't won't to be under the microscope of the FAA (or your respective local authority) at your age. It can really limit your future activities with your drones.

In terms of pricing, I also agree with BigAI07. If they are neighbours you know personally, you don't won't to come across as a someone who trying to rip them off for some photos. That being said, if they are to be used for their financial gain (for putting their property on sale, for example) think critically of what amount you would charge. From what I can gather, these are your first clients, I would personally go for a lower price and see how happy the client is afterwards. Then, you'll be more confident and have an improved skill set to produce better images/video as you go.

Another thing to factor in to the cost is any other expenses, such as any editing software subscriptions you might have, or an extra battery to conduct your shoots.

Please let me know if I need to clarify anything or you need more assistance with something else!

All the best man!

Reactions: McFlyPhantom

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl