Phantom 3 Standard Firmware Update

Reaction score
Dear Pilots,
I just bought my new Phantom 3 Standard. It is not operating and mentioning that firmware needs to be updated. When I watched the tutorial in YouTube it said in order to update the firmware I need to have all my batteries 100% charged i.e. Remote, Phantom battery and my smart phone. I charged all 100% and downloaded the update in mobile phone. According to the tutorial I need to connect it with the Birds Wi-Fi now and upgrade. But whenever I am trying to do so it is showing the battery is below 50% not mentioning which one is, remote, mobile phone or phantom battery. while all is fully charged. So pleas suggest what might be the case and how I can solve it as my bird has not even had its first flight.

Reactions: rickson rambuyon
Please post a photo so we can see the 50% you're referring to.

Right Now is not possible as I am in office but once I get home I will post the screenshot. The app is simply mentioning you battery is below 50% . Update cannot take place.

Dear Pilots,
I just bought my new Phantom 3 Standard. It is not operating and mentioning that firmware needs to be updated. When I watched the tutorial in YouTube it said in order to update the firmware I need to have all my batteries 100% charged i.e. Remote, Phantom battery and my smart phone. I charged all 100% and downloaded the update in mobile phone. According to the tutorial I need to connect it with the Birds Wi-Fi now and upgrade. But whenever I am trying to do so it is showing the battery is below 50% not mentioning which one is, remote, mobile phone or phantom battery. while all is fully charged. So pleas suggest what might be the case and how I can solve it as my bird has not even had its first flight.
Hi Rajesh,

First of all, make sure you have fully charged up all your devices. And, instead of watcing video tutorials on youtube, you must contact the service center of the device: www.dronefly.com.
Always make sure that you buy your product from the genuine site like Amazon, so that you get some kind of warranty with that. Sites like adroneforsale.com also redirect the customers to Amazon.

Dear Pilots,
Thank you very much for all the suggestions. I am really grateful towards you. I realized it was the problem in my phone which was showing full battery so I changed the phone and I was successfully in upgrading the firware. Thank you again

Dear Pilots,

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM BRO. I hope someone can solve this mystery. Right now my drone is not fixed

Dear Pilots,
Thank you very much for all the suggestions. I am really grateful towards you. I realized it was the problem in my phone which was showing full battery so I changed the phone and I was successfully in upgrading the firware. Thank you again

I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM BRO. I hope someone can solve this mystery. Right now my drone is not fixed
I changed my phone as i was having LG before. I followed the below given steps:

A) i connected my phone to the device and it showed update firmware.
B) I then connected to my home wifi and downloaded the firmware in the app.
C) I again vonnected my phone to device and clecked upgrade in my app. It upgraded. And now I am flying perfectly.

C) I again vonnected my phone to device and clecked upgrade in my app. It upgraded. And now I am flying perfectly.

What u mean connected ur phone bro to the device?. U mean u connected ur mobile via usb cable to the Drone?
Im going to try it now :) :)

Mine is still the same...battery is at 50% but its not. I cant proceed to updating the firmware :( i dont know if der is another way.

THANK YOU SIR. This gives me HOPE. I will download adn manually update...i will update once done no mater what the outcome.

Is it always good to update, or wait and see how the new firmware responds with other p3s?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is it always good to update, or wait and see how the new firmware responds with other p3s?
The P3S firmware was last updated on 12/22/15, so it's perfectly safe to install at this point. When new firmware is released, some like to wait a week or so to see how others make out. If you're not an early adopter and you really don't need the latest firmware features, then waiting is a good idea. That way, if something does go wrong, you won't have to deal with the consequences and/or try to downgrade.

Reactions: gvsukids
I need a little help, I have been flying my P3S for a few weeks, then I downloaded the firmware upgrade. Since then my RC has been disconnected and I have tried several things but nothing seems to work. I get to where the RC chirps, the light on the drone turns green for a brief second and then goes red again. Can someone tell me what I can do different or what I am doing wrong?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor