Phantom 3 standard distance max

Reaction score
Hi all

I bought the p3s recently (should have bought the advanced)!

What would you say would be a normal travelling distance for the p3s with no modifications to the remote or no signal boosters....in feet by the way as thats what i fly in.

Ive had maximum distance of around 1200 feet. I tried to make a homemade windsurfer but it didnt help, i didnt use a template though as i have no access to a printer.

I also tried a cd, which helped a tiny bit but not on every occasion.

Thanks everyone

K

Hi all

What would you say would be a normal travelling distance for the p3s with no modifications to the remote or no signal boosters....in feet by the way as thats what i fly in.

Ive had maximum distance of around 1200 feet. I tried to make a homemade windsurfer but it didnt help, i didnt use a template though as i have no access to a printer.

Thanks everyone

K
Depends on where you fly. Wifi has issues in congested areas. Here's one post irt range in a presumably un-congested area. Stock Range, 1,010 meters - 3,282 ft ! :)

I have the standard and in my residential neighborhood I can fly between 1700-2600 feet depending on which direction I fly in. If I go to the beach where there is less wifi pollution I can reach 7383 feet. These limits are when I lose video feed, not control. If I need to film something out of my range I will drive closer to it.

Hi all

Thanks everyone

K

It totally depends on your location as it relates to WiFi interference. My results vary greatly. 1500-1700 feet in populated areas, 3000 feet in less populated. My farthest distance was recently off a vista point near Burney Mountain in Shasta County, CA with 5440 feet. No mods or windsurfer. Farthest windsurfer was 7949 feet in an area I normally go 3000ish. It is actually quite effective but very directional. Most everyone has a different outcome to some degree.

I have found that holding my controller as horizontal and level as possible gives me the best (controlled) distance with video. Angling the front or leading edge of the controller even slightly upwards will degrade signal strength when flying at 'extreme' ranges. Again, that's just me so experiment with different locations and conditions.

I am surrounded by woods and tall fir trees so my distance is limited by that environment. That being said if I get up to about 400 feet high I can go out about 3000 feet. I am in the country and don't have a lot of wifi interference. I go to the school and fly close to neighborhood and I have lots of problems so try to avoid that area with the Standard.

Hi all

Thanks everyone

K
Show us a picture of your windsurfer I have seen some made incorrectly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj