Phantom 3 Standard Connection Troubleshooting

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm now. I recently got a phantom 3 standard without gimbal or controller that hasn't been activated yet. I picked up a used gimbal and a used controller and I'm having trouble connecting to the drone. I got my phone to connect to the controller, but when I try to connect to the drone it doesn't find it. The linking light on my drone flashes, and my controller beeps but nothing happens and it times out.

I'm trying to locate where this issue is coming from. Is it the remote, the gimbal, or the aircraft? I am sort of leaning towards the gimbal because I heard if you don't have a good gimbal it won't let you connect new controllers, I'm not sure that's true or not. Any help is appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes gimbal has to be working, let me look for something...

Rod

Added: Here is a recent one. :rolleyes:
DJI Phanotm 3 standard

@RodPad is correct. I have experimented before. In my case the drone had a controller connected to the drone but gimbal was not transmitting image or telemetry. I had a spare remote and it did not bind for the life of me. Not even DJI knew what to say. After buying a new gimbal $250 online. The remote linked to the drone. My theory is that in order to bind the drone. The app has to talk to the actual gimbal or at least the drone fully functional it can be confusing because phantom 1 and 2 had a separate receiver for the FC now everything is integrated.

issue you might have is:

1 gimbal starts up but the wifi 2.4ghz from the gimbal might be bad. So app will say "controller connected. Please connect aircraft".
2. the remote controller 2.4ghz receiver might be bad. which in most cases is not.

My solution to your problem is to try a new unused gimbal and that could be your issue.

Reactions: RodPad
try this troubleshooting.

1. remove the gimbal fro the drone.
2. remove the base plate from the gimbal. locate this led diode and power just the board. if it turns on and blinks green then the wifi is transmitting if not you have a bad board. they can overheat and stop working. Thats what Happened to me!:confused:

NOTE*** NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE LED THAT IS SEEN FROM THE FRONT OF THE GIMBAL!!!!! which status can be red or green.
ORIGINAL_Board_Gimbal_PCB_DJI_Phantom_3_Standard_P3S[1].jpg

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl