DJI Phanotm 3 standard

Reaction score
Hi. I am breaking my head trying to fix the issue with a second hand phantom. I have phantom 3 pro and mavic pro. So i'm not new to this. I have always performed firmware updates on all my drones but this phantom has me going nuts. here's what I have:

1. Purchased a crashed drone with stuck motor and broken gimbal cable.
2. replaced motor and gimbal cable.> Drone flies good, locks gps fine, gimbal starts up fine but no telemetry on app or image. also remote has red light solid and drone has green solid.

weird problem is I cant seem to re link the same remote or a new one. I press the button on the drone > red light flashes> remote gimbal wheel to far left and flip s2 3 or 4 times till rc beeps and light blinks. but never binds to drone. I have tried this with two different remotes.

but even if it doesn't link for some reason when I power both down and up again the drone and remote link up but then everything goes back to step 2 above. By the way firmware updates fails everytime so its like drone was bricked but it can fly. Pls help!

@RodPad I know you are a genius at this. and also I read forum where you helped troubleshoot this before and narrowed it down to RC being the problem. in my case I have a second remote and still wont bind.

Reactions: RodPad
"Drone flies good, locks gps fine, gimbal starts up fine but no telemetry on app or image. also remote has red light solid and drone has green solid."
Light is green on Phantom, and it fly's? The phantom sees the remote and is actually linked. Remote doesn't see the Phantom.

If you had telemetry and live image, the remote light would be green.

If you didn't have the original remote, neither one would link and you wouldn't be able to fly.

If it fails re-linking it stays linked to the last remote.

Without the gimbal working correctly firmware updates are going to fail and you won't be able to re-link.

As far is I know, if you were to change the gimbal and it is working, I don't think you would still be able to fly, red light on Phantom, red on Remote. Of coarse re-link would work and you wouldn't be even looking for help.

What I'm getting at is, I think the re-link procedure does this. Remote saves Mac address from the Gimbal, The Phantom saves the Mac address of the Remote.

What is the fix? I don't know,
The Signal that is sent to the remote starts at the gimbal and makes it way to the antennas collecting image from camera and obviously data from the main board.

My theory, is all based on what I have read. :rolleyes: :eek:

Can anybody else help?

Rod

"Drone flies good, locks gps fine, gimbal starts up fine but no telemetry on app or image. also remote has red light solid and drone has green solid."
Light is green on Phantom, and it fly's? The phantom sees the remote and is actually linked. Remote doesn't see the Phantom.

If you had telemetry and live image, the remote light would be green.

If you didn't have the original remote, neither one would link and you wouldn't be able to fly.

If it fails re-linking it stays linked to the last remote.

Without the gimbal working correctly firmware updates are going to fail and you won't be able to re-link.

As far is I know, if you were to change the gimbal and it is working, I don't think you would still be able to fly, red light on Phantom, red on Remote. Of coarse re-link would work and you wouldn't be even looking for help.

What I'm getting at is, I think the re-link procedure does this. Remote saves Mac address from the Gimbal, The Phantom saves the Mac address of the Remote.

What is the fix? I don't know,
The Signal that is sent to the remote starts at the gimbal and makes it way to the antennas collecting image from camera and obviously data from the main board.

My theory, is all based on what I have read. :rolleyes: :eek:

Can anybody else help?

Rod
Ok. Maybe we can tag team on future events. I purchased a new gimbal and now everything is working correctly. What I learned what the following:

Gimbal PCB WiFi burns out and stops transmitting. Which Is the issue with “phantom not seeing remote” so red light on remote will never go green. . AliExpress sells the replacement gimbal board since no one sells it for standard. I recently purchased a replacement board so I’ll replace with the bad one I have. If that’s the problem I will get back to this post. Just in case anyone ever comes back asking for this matter. Just refer them to
DJI Phantom 3 standard P3S gimbal controller PCB module Genuine Repair Parts Replacements DRONE-in Propeller from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Thanks for the update, I was going to keep this thread busy, so it would stay up front, I even lost track of it. :rolleyes:
Will I will add this to my list of Fantom Phrequency Phavorite Phourms. ;)

Rod

Reactions: mikecruz0407
yes. I think the main issue here is the fan ontop of the gimbal. this tends to happen a lot with the standard since it doesn't have a fan. adv and pro has them so the board is constantly getting air.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4