Phantom 3 Professional Fly Away

Well folks, I have read all 17 pages on this thread and I am staggered at the excellence of most of the posts. Very very informative and a great extension to the manual with flight tips for a noob such as me.

The Phantom 3 Pro is my first quad. It is a hugely expensive and complex for a first quad but much homework revealed it to be most suited to my needs (longer term). I bought it to fly over the Aussie coastline of Victoria, in particular The Great Ocean Road whilst travelling it on my motorbike.

Also as a Volvo Penta and Honda Marine dealer I will use it to video newly fitted inboards and outboards, reviews and sea trials post service/repair.

So, given it's potential use for me, almost always over water, I have to ask the following:

If the .txt data is stored and retrievable from the mobile device it must have been transmitted from the bird, why isn't the .dat file also transmitted to the device in case of a critical downing and subsequent loss in water? Can this not be programmed into 1.2.0 and released in future software updates?

Blade - excellent attitude and posts
Tyler - Can't wait for tomorrow
Carrie Furnace video - Brilliant

fishy

Reactions: allemtura
Well folks, I have read all 17 pages on this thread and I am staggered at the excellence of most of the posts. Very very informative and a great extension to the manual with flight tips for a noob such as me.

The Phantom 3 Pro is my first quad. It is a hugely expensive and complex for a first quad but much homework revealed it to be most suited to my needs (longer term). I bought it to fly over the Aussie coastline of Victoria, in particular The Great Ocean Road whilst travelling it on my motorbike.

Also as a Volvo Penta and Honda Marine dealer I will use it to video newly fitted inboards and outboards, reviews and sea trials post service/repair.

So, given it's potential use for me, almost always over water, I have to ask the following:

If the .txt data is stored and retrievable from the mobile device it must have been transmitted from the bird, why isn't the .dat file also transmitted to the device in case of a critical downing and subsequent loss in water? Can this not be programmed into 1.2.0 and released in future software updates?

Blade - excellent attitude and posts
Tyler - Can't wait for tomorrow
Carrie Furnace video - Brilliant

fishy
Welcome to the forum!

I also like Blade's attitude and responses on here, all for the right reasons. He does a great job helping us out, so no wonder he gets annoyed at some of the comments directed at him. :)

I am really curious to know how you can obtain these cloud synced logs?
This is a red herring - they are identical to the .TXT files you can get directly from your Android or iOS device. I know this because I have already figured out how to download them directly from DJI's cloud servers and took a look.

I have zero idea what this means.

I know how to flash update the firmware using the firmware update binary file placed on the root dir of a FAT32 formatted SD card for both transmitter and phantom (and have done so), but no idea what any of the above phrases mean e.g. "Bin the root", "Root binned", "circumstantial flash" or "binning".

I don't want to miss something (as new myself to Phantoms and only had two flights of my P3 so far), I simple don't know what this post means. Anyone?

As for the recovery of the submerged good ship Phantom 3, good luck, hope the boys in wetsuits snag it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other than this, I got nothing

79670.jpg

Reactions: dalebb
This is a red herring - they are identical to the .TXT files you can get directly from your Android or iOS device. I know this because I have already figured out how to download them directly from DJI's cloud servers and took a look.
Can you download anyone's files? Hopefully not as that seems a security risk?

Can you download anyone's files? Hopefully not as that seems a security risk?
No, getting an access token requires a username and password.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT