Phantom 3 Professional Fly Away

Each of the phantoms legs has an inbuilt antenna so I'm guessing that covering them with styrofoam could effect their performance.
I've seen a thread that covered the potential of attaching the "water buoy" http://www.water-buoy.com
But there were a couple of videos testing the theory and they didn't inflate in time meaning by the time they tried to inflate the pressure was to great so they wouldn't inflate.
I will have a look for them.

I haven't seen that before, it's pretty cool. Although its max lift is 1KG and the P3 is 1.3 KGs. But you could probably use 2, and tape or zip tie one to each landing gear. But I didn't see the dimensions or the weight of the device on the website.

Well, now that I see the video, I take it back. Looks like the don't work to well. Thanks for sharing that.

Last edited:
Yah I saw theses however if the phantom is upside down or on an angle I can see that not deploying right.
Hindsight being 20/20 this may have worked. $15 vs $260-$500? I still can't believe you hired a diver, that's dedication!

Each of the phantoms legs has an inbuilt antenna so I'm guessing that covering them with styrofoam could effect their performance.
I've seen a thread that covered the potential of attaching the "water buoy" http://www.water-buoy.com
But there were a couple of videos testing the theory and they didn't inflate in time meaning by the time they tried to inflate the pressure was to great so they wouldn't inflate.
I will have a look for them.

found 1

Thanks for the video... I guess I won't bother attaching my 2 water bouy's to the landing gear today after all.

I think these look pretty good, maybe you could add 1 to each set of legs, mounted as they are shown on the webpage link below, to increase the probability of at least one of them not getting snagged and making it to the surface.
Had a quick look and can only find this supplier in the UK, although they have no stock and the price looks a little high.
http://www.flyhighfilms.co.uk/shop/getterback-drone-recovery-system/

I say take the 30% and sell whatever you have left from the crashed one to pay for the difference.(eg; Radio Controller) I still would like to know what was the real cause of this crash from DJI themselves...

I responsed that I have already purchased another one and gave them my Order #,
Asked for a refund for the difference,
Id take credit even.
They wanted the controller back but could keep the battery.
ill let you know what they say,

Reactions: ViperNuke
I responsed that I have already purchased another one and gave them my Order #,
Asked for a refund for the difference,
Id take credit even.
They wanted the controller back but could keep the battery.
ill let you know what they say,

They want the controller back ?????? If thats true then that 30% is more like 0%. The controller cost more than the aircraft itself without a camera attached. lol

Yeah. I'm sure i have to pay shipping to return the original box too.
I sent the previous flight data too and called BS.
I'll take some DJI credit but why would I give the controller back and pay for shipping?
Break even with paper work. Nahhhhh not interested

This is the nightmare of every flyer. I also fly over water but I added some floaters so at least it will not go to the bottom of the lake.

Only heard about 1 faulty P3 battery so far, so chances are probably not. It is a maybe tho like you say.

I had a fault battery in a controller. Replaced by the retailer. Here is a video:

They just took a controller out of an unopened P3 box and sent it to me. I guess if the controller can have a knackered battery the IFB can be knackered on occasion too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of any controller battery not working properly either until now. Least you got it sorted.

Atti or Attitude mode in short means for instance if you're at a hover and move the stick to go forward once you let go of the stick the phantom will still continue to "glide" in that direction....like skating on ice......it also means if there is a wind and you're at a hover the phantom will move with the wind. And OPTI or Optical (flow sensor) is the VPS system with sonar and camera on the bottom back of the bird and this system is used at times when your satellite lock is no existant or drops below the required amount. The idea is that it allows for a more stable hover indoors as the wind refracting off all those surfaces has in the past made indoor phantom flying extremely risky imo.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor