Phantom 3 Professional Fly Away

Phantom still MIA.
spent a couple hours and nothing.

I tried!
:-( Thanks for being so altruistic and trying, and sorry you weren't able to locate it. Maybe the props were still spinning when it hit the water and it paddled itself out of your search area.

:-( Thanks for being so altruistic and trying, and sorry you weren't able to locate it. Maybe the props were still spinning when it hit the water and it paddled itself out of your search area.
Who was it that went in the water then the phantom flew up out of it and he was able to land it on land?

Reactions: Chris Sinclair
My sincere condolences.

I fear that in 50 years it will rise again:

PhantomOf10000LeaguesPoster.jpg

This is an epic thread. It convinced me to join this community as I can see there's a lot of knowledge to be gained here. On that note, I have an excellent story about a sunken phantom which I will refrain from telling until I get copies of the pictures to prove it. TYCORP are they still going to charge you if nothing is found?

Yeah it could have floated too for a bit. I tried

Tyler, any word on what MasterCard said?
I pay for extra insurance for Tavel and purchase.
They said it sounded legit and send my proof of purchase and a report. They said it would fall under "lost". I'm waiting to hear back. Cheque is a couple weeks away

This is an epic thread. It convinced me to join this community as I can see there's a lot of knowledge to be gained here. On that note, I have an excellent story about a sunken phantom which I will refrain from telling until I get copies of the pictures to prove it. TYCORP are they still going to charge you if nothing is found?

Didn't find it. Paid the guy $260 we had a good afternoon in the sun.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 374
I'd like to say to you, I'm Sorry it wasn't found.
And give the OP a pat on the back/shoulder and tell him he did his very best.

Wishing you only good luck in the future.

RedHotPoker

Where I fly, it is hard to avoid water.

It it would be nice if a small and lightweight self-inflating system existed that could be attached to the landing gear.

I thought about ordering this:
http://www.amazon.com/Critters-Infl...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1433516836&sr=1-1

For $70 it maybe worth trying to see if there is a safe way to rig it up and keep it out of view from the camera.

Product Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 2 inches ; 1 pounds

It is still a little too big and it's heavy (more than 1/3 the weight of Phantom w/ Battery) but its the smallest one I could find. If you cut off all the straps maybe you could shave the weight in half. Anyone know what the max takeoff weight for the P3 is?

I also thought about scavenging the auto-inflate device and CO2 cartridge and stitching up smaller,lighter float system.

I have seen online where people attached pool foam noodles but the are bulky and its probably hard to keep them out of view of the camera.

Adding any weight will definitely impact the battery life but could be worth it to keep it from sinking to the bottom of a lake in case of a crash.

Anyone else have any good flotation ideas?

Styrofoam pontoons !

Each of the phantoms legs has an inbuilt antenna so I'm guessing that covering them with styrofoam could effect their performance.
I've seen a thread that covered the potential of attaching the "water buoy" http://www.water-buoy.com
But there were a couple of videos testing the theory and they didn't inflate in time meaning by the time they tried to inflate the pressure was to great so they wouldn't inflate.
I will have a look for them.

found 1

Last edited:
Reactions: pjw2565
Where I fly, it is hard to avoid water.

It it would be nice if a small and lightweight self-inflating system existed that could be attached to the landing gear.

I thought about ordering this:
http://www.amazon.com/Critters-Infl...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1433516836&sr=1-1

For $70 it maybe worth trying to see if there is a safe way to rig it up and keep it out of view from the camera.

Product Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 2 inches ; 1 pounds

It is still a little too big and it's heavy (more than 1/3 the weight of Phantom w/ Battery) but its the smallest one I could find. If you cut off all the straps maybe you could shave the weight in half. Anyone know what the max takeoff weight for the P3 is?

I also thought about scavenging the auto-inflate device and CO2 cartridge and stitching up smaller,lighter float system.

I have seen online where people attached pool foam noodles but the are bulky and its probably hard to keep them out of view of the camera.

Adding any weight will definitely impact the battery life but could be worth it to keep it from sinking to the bottom of a lake in case of a crash.

Anyone else have any good flotation ideas?
http://www.savemyphantom.com/getterback/

Last edited:
Reactions: pjw2565

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor