Phantom 3 Professional Fly Away

Just had a look at this and it wont let you do it with the craft on. So i guess it needs doing with the craft of, but how and where to do it i don't know. Inside outside flat i have no idea as i have never seen this issue pop up.

Exactly. That was me *blush* The jolting was there, then it settled, then it drifted, then it crashed
1st flight crash fractured prop, prop failed on flight 2, caused erratic flight (like multirotors) and splash was the eventual result. That's my theory on what happened and I'm sticking to it, until proven otherwise.

Not my job to tell the PMs how to design their craft... I would hope you could understand this but I see that you can not.
What a dysfunctional company then. At every company I've worked for, if the support team receives suggestions or other input from customers, they pass it on to the PMs or engineers who want to hear that feedback. Communication within DJI must be really poor.

What a dysfunctional company then. At every company I've worked for, if the support team receives suggestions or other input from customers, they pass it on to the PMs or engineers who want to hear that feedback. Communication within DJI must be really poor.

OK -

I'm not going to get into it with you.. Your post was not USER suggestions but on how DJI should design their craft.. Once again you fail to see the difference and seem to want to argue.

If you followed more threads you would see I do pass along ALOT of information / suggestions . Some that have made it into the pilot app and or firmware.

The user suggestion is to add a second compass in future versions, for backup. Pass that one along.

Reactions: Rigel2112
1st flight crash fractured prop, prop failed on flight 2, caused erratic flight (like multirotors) and splash was the eventual result. That's my theory on what happened and I'm sticking to it, until proven otherwise.
I agree this is a likely explanation as to what happened. It could also have been compass/IMU failure or a software glitch, but I agree a fractured prop or other mechanical issue is possible. We'll never know unless those scuba divers go fetch it :)

The user suggestion is to add a second compass in future versions, for backup. Pass that one along.

2nd compass would not fix issues.. Unless it completely died. Whatever caused the first one to go hay wire would more than likely cause the 2nd..

But if it makes you feel better I will pass this along.

Reactions: Motorotor
How is that exactly? The compass thinks it's pointing NNW while the camera clearly shows it's pointing East. At many other points in the video it's 90 degrees off. How exactly does that show that the compass didn't "completely die"? If this was some kind of failure inside the compass chip, a second compass would not have been affected.

Also, do you think that your snarky, difficult comments reflect well on DJI? Do you remember what happened to Colin Guinn? Just thank me the suggestion, pass it on to the relevant engineers, and be done with it. That is all you need to do here. It should be embarrassing enough for Frank Wang that his own support staff doesn't know how to interpret flight logs, but if you are going to be misinformed, at least keep quiet about it.

How is that exactly? The compass thinks it's pointing NNW while the camera clearly shows it's pointing East. At many other points in the video it's 90 degrees off. How exactly does that show that the compass didn't "completely die"? If this was some kind of failure inside the compass chip, a second compass would not have been affected.

Oh man, please read up on these little devices, Ian explained it pretty well.. A poor compass calibration and or take off spot, like sprinkler pipe or head in the ground could cause this behavior. When a compass dies it will just die, no talky talk, if you catch my drift.

I think my wager will follow this exact line of thought as well.....
....and not just because you have a cool avatar! :rolleyes:o_O:cool::D

OP -

Where are you located? I see some pretty dark clouds above you as well? Possible thunder storms? Please provide zip, I would like to look a past radar for your area.

I can't wait to see the reality TV series about "reconstructing the most mysterious DJI Phantom 3 crashes". I find it quite odd that pretty much 100% of the crashes so far has been very mysterious and partially missing the evidence they actually did happen. (leaving out of course the skillful masters who think they can fly through the walls)

When a company goes out of their way to hide/make the data that can really show or prove what happenned completely unavailable/Imposible to retrieve... The only outcome we are left with is havign to guess or spend more money and get a new bird......

When a company goes out of their way to hide/make the data that can really show or prove what happenned completely unavailable/Imposible to retrieve... The only outcome we are left with is havign to guess or spend more money and get a new bird......

Not true at all, this data isn't encrypted. As you can see people are already coming out with readers and such. Some SDK guys are even reading the Dat files. DJI isn't trying to hide anything or they wouldn't even started to log or the would encrypt the data.

Reactions: Apparition
I think DJI is improving in this regard.

3 Phamtons later.. I don't think "Improving" or "Getting there" is something people want to hear...

If you have had that many failures I would start looking at what I'm doing wrong.. I have had MANY phantoms with hundreds of flights EACH, I'm either very lucky or I follow protocol.

this thread is massive I can't keep up! We have all this information and still cannot pinpoint what actually happened!

Here is a simpler example how I see it....

you have a really flat tire on your car, and you hit the highway! You are asking for issues.

The bird had a previous problem and it was still flown over water.
I am so sorry for your loss but if you had previous issues and a crash you should at least give it a few flights. If not more.

And no a bird did not hit it or it was no solor or lightning storms, it had issues to begin with! Had a crash already!

People do not be frightened to fly your P3!

We are basically looking at a damaged birds data it's going to be impossible to work out!

Reactions: blade strike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94