Phantom 3 Professional Fly Away

If you have had that many failures I would start looking at what I'm doing wrong.. I have had MANY phantoms with hundreds of flights, I'm either very lucky or I follow protocol.
Where did i say i was having problems or failures with any of my phamtons??? I currently own an I1, a Vision Plus and Now a P3P and they been working flawlessly but lets be honest here this crashes happening with the P3 are no user errors....

Where did i say i was having problems or failures with any of my phamtons??? I currently own an I1, a Vision Plus and Now a P3P and they been working flawlessly but lets be honest here this crashes happening with the P3 are no user errors....

No user error as in flight controls, mayb. That doesn't mean there wasn't user error involved though, like flying an already damaged craft.

Like I have already posted, we are ALL just speculating. DJI will ask for all logs. They will see when the compass calibration was done, they will see the prior crash as well.

Read the first post of this thread. It had already been a crashed in bushes. Escs damaged? Props? Motors? We do not know at all! Sorry tyler am not saying it your fault but we are all trying to work out what's happened..and the data does not add up. This points to a previous error. This is my opinion.

Read the first post of this thread. It had already been a crashed in bushes. Escs damaged? Props? Motors? We do not know at all! Sorry tyler am not saying it your fault but we are all trying to work out what's happened..and the data does not add up. This points to a previous error. This is my opinion.
Props were new, 3 flights on them. no damage, tight. It behaved the same way twice in a row, recovered the first time, no damage.
Ill try and get the first flight up with video and logs.

This thread basically has a lot of fearmongering due to insecurities. You know this tech is in its infancy when you pay $1k plus for a device which for 9/10 will never crash due to machine error. It is because of these crashes that all quadcopter companies can make products better, you and I are all early adopters of the future of aerial consumer devices, if you are going to fear then you will have all companies stagnant

Reactions: blade strike
No damage? The gimbal look like it was going crazy. There is a point in the video where it flicks 45° The Horizon wasn't straight to start of with. This is all before the crazy switching. Could be wrong ,it's just my review. And I really do wish they replace it for you.

Props were new, 3 flights on them. no damage, tight. It behaved the same way twice in a row, recovered the first time, no damage.
Ill try and get the first flight up with video and logs.

Tyler -

But you said you had crash before this? How do you know the props or anything else wasn't damaged? Even then why did you take it over water if it acted the same on the flight prior?

Reactions: Motorotor
Here is the log from first flight.
ill upload video soon

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2015-06-01_[18-47-41].txt
    379.3 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: Motorotor
No user error as in flight controls, mayb. That doesn't mean there wasn't user error involved though, like flying an already damaged craft.

Like I have already posted, we are ALL just speculating. DJI will ask for all logs. They will see when the compass calibration was done, they will see the prior crash as well.

Well, lets hope so. But how are they going to retrieve the data? I thought his Phamton went in the water.. Wouldn't that damage the data stored in the SD Card??? That's to say the OP is even able to get it from the water.. Another thing.. Once everything is said and done. Will the DJI share the cause of what happened here???

OP -

Where are you located? I see some pretty dark clouds above you as well? Possible thunder storms? Please provide zip, I would like to look a past radar for your area.

He posted the flight log txt file - you can get the P3's exact location from generating the google earth .kml file.

LOG - http://www.phantompilots.com/attachments/djiflightrecord_2015-06-01_-19-00-24-txt.20785/

POST TO WEBSITE - http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-3-professional-fly-away.43822/page-2#post-401445

MasterCard with Purchase protection does ;) if item is lost, stolen, damaged within 90 days
VISA Purchase Protection states the same thing (Lost, Stolen, or Damaged within 90 days), However, when actually trying to file a claim, the VISA claims administrator told me that certain categories (including aircraft) were not covered. If you have better luck with MasterCard, perhaps I need to change what is in my wallet. I'm curious what you find out. Good luck!

I'm thinking the same thing. Believe me, I feel for ya Tyler, that's a bunch of money acting as a mini reef. But you said it yourself in post #87...

If you're thinking something is not right, why in the world would you take off full bore?! Over water no less. I'm not saying something didn't go wrong, I haven't reviewed the data and won't. But take it easy for the full battery. Heck, I've even tethered mine just to be safe.

Personally, if I launch and ANYTHING doesn't seem right, I land.
I posted earlier I did some low level non full throttle tests in that park with no issues prior to the crash flight. the reason i flew it over the water is that id rather replace the drone that have it crash into a house, people or private property where liabilities would be worse.
Yes there were things I could have done different but clearly this is an issue with the hardware ,
not competence. We can start a separate thread for that :)

Another Video!

Here is the first Video, Logs and controller info.

18 seconds is when the GPS error RED banner showed and the Phantom tilted hard.
multiflight mode was not enable.

You can see my attempts to switch to Atti but it threw errors on screen because it wasn't enabled...

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2015-06-01_[18-47-41].txt
    379.3 KB · Views: 273
Another Video!

Here is the first Video, Logs and controller info.

18 seconds is when the GPS error RED banner showed and the Phantom tilted hard.
multiflight mode was not enable.

You can see my attempts to switch to Atti but it threw errors on screen because it wasn't enabled...

I can not read your flight record this time, i could read your other one but not this and would very much like to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94