Phantom 3 Pro, No controller. How do I get a replacement?

Reaction score
Brand new to the drone game, bought a Phantom 3 Pro on craigslist for $100, Drone seems be working, blinking yellow lights under 2 of the arms but other than that seemed to boot up fine. Anyways. I am trying to figure out how to get a replacement controller for the drone. The one it came was broken, (like the poor kids mother ran it over or atleast that's what he told me). I checked ebay and they seem to all be very pricey but some are listed for the $50 range. Will that work or what? I also was told that standard phantom 3's remotes won't work with the Pro? I tried searching this topic but couldnt really find anything. Thanks!

Brand new to the drone game, bought a Phantom 3 Pro on craigslist for $100, Drone seems be working, blinking yellow lights under 2 of the arms but other than that seemed to boot up fine. Anyways. I am trying to figure out how to get a replacement controller for the drone. The one it came was broken, (like the poor kids mother ran it over or atleast that's what he told me). I checked ebay and they seem to all be very pricey but some are listed for the $50 range. Will that work or what? I also was told that standard phantom 3's remotes won't work with the Pro? I tried searching this topic but couldnt really find anything. Thanks!
Oh that good deal till remote part came up
This a post from phantom help of compatible remotes,,,,,and welcome and love your avatar name ..............,very cool......forgot to add what your rc number on back,,,yes this chart old but if search you find new one,might be updated to more compatible remotes,,,.........just add since you say new,if not you can download manual and have good read what ever thing does,easy to fly but it's pretty clever machine with lots to get your head around,,further move it will keep you in the air ,not in that tree,believe me that easy to do...
Screenshot_20190711-204417.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked ebay and they seem to all be very pricey but some are listed for the $50 range. Will that work or what?
Make sure you only purchase a remote controller from the list @ianzone posted above. Those are the only remote controllers that'll work.

Make sure you only purchase a remote controller from the list @ianzone posted above. Those are the only remote controllers that'll work.
Wow I first thought,was quite here so I replied, I did Google search and it came up so I screen shot it to post only to read the date after posting so sorry about that,,brain read it but not comprehend it lol,
;)far out I'm not even sure what the year is now days

It's a good list. I keep it updated ;)

Thanks for the reply's guys! Looking at the drone the model would be W323B. Idk what the rc number is. Also I might be stupid but the x's mean it is compatible correct? I'm wondering if it might just be worth it to part it out and get another used one thats all set up.

Last edited:
The RC model numbers are listed in the screenshot above in the "RC Model" column.

Yes.
Okay thanks, **** this is going to get pricey lol. I think i will try and find someone in my area with a pro and if they can help me test my drone. I don't want to spend a whole lot if the drone doesn't actually work. Thank you so much for your help!

I needed a new controller for my P3P and it cost me £150 ...

Works a treat and its an A version. My old one is not worth repairing but kept for spares.

GL300A was a good one and I recall several for sale on e-Bay. But even if you pay around $100 for the controller you're getting a P3 Pro for a good price unless the AC itself turns to mush.

I needed a new controller for my P3P and it cost me £150 ...

Works a treat and its an A version. My old one is not worth repairing but kept for spares.

It may have been 150 Euros ... I know it was a bargain anyway !!

How can you tell the difference between a gl300c old version and the new version.
I bought a really nice gl300c on eBay and it will not connect with any of my P3P’s.
Curious if it is the new version.

How can you tell the difference between a gl300c old version and the new version.
I bought a really nice gl300c on eBay and it will not connect with any of my P3P’s.

turn controller over and check the label near bottom of rear case. Top line after DJI - it says which controller it is.

As far as I was aware there is only one version of each A, B and C versions .... they should connect to P3P.

Hi, yes, I do know it is a C. Since I posted the question, I did some more research, there is a second version of the Gl300c. If you look on the back farther to the right,the new version says “version b”. It does not work with a phantom 3 of any version.
Thanks for the help!

Sadly, we have seen several people here buy a 300C Ver.B for their P3P/P3A only to learn when it arrived that it wouldn't link with their AC. We try to warn people in advance as much as we can to save future readers from the same fate.

A11C368B-0E95-4EA3-B018-8EF3FEA3018C.jpeg

Here is a Controller Compatibility Chart that I first put together in April 2018.

Last edited:
I’ll post a picture of it when I get home from work.
So, anyone out there need a like new GL300C version b for a phantom 4.
I paid $99.00 for it.

I’ll post a picture of it when I get home from work.
So, anyone out there need a like new GL300C version b for a phantom 4.
I paid $99.00 for it.
Would you like to do a swap for a RC that will work with your P3P? I have one for a P3P that I don't need and I would like a spare RC for my P4P. Not sure if mine is GL300A, B, or C, but I can check on that when I get home.

Hi, I sure would!
Thanks!
Hey,
I just pulled it out of storage and checked it. Great physical condition. I plugged it in to make sure it takes and holds a full charge since I haven't used it in a long time. I'll check it later tonight or in the morning and let you know.
It's a GL300B so it will work fine with your P3P. If I get a chance tomorrow or over the weekend I'll link it to a P3P to verify full functionality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.