P3 Firmware Phantom 3 pro get green red flashing on gimbal then series of green flashes

Reaction score
I’m trying to upgrade a phantom 3 Pro firmware and i’m getting the red/green blinking on the gimbal for a while then I get a series of flashing green pause flashing green then again with the red/ green cycle. Has been going on 35 to 45 minutes. This is a broken drone off eBay and I’m a newbie. Is this right or what. Thanks joe

35 to 45 mins to update...should not take that long, if you get a red light on the gimbal the update has failed.

As Allan has said to best if my memory red green alternate flashing means firmware updating. 49mins should have done it however. When you say it’s broken- what’s broken?

As Allan has said to best if my memory red green alternate flashing means firmware updating. 49mins should have done it however. When you say it’s broken- what’s broken?
hey thanks for your reply the gimbal is broken. I fixed that got the update on the sd put it in the slot starts to green/red flash like it’s supposed to for a firmware update but doesn’t go solid green or red just goes back to flashing green then goes back to red/green

hey thanks for your reply the gimbal is broken. I fixed that got the update on the sd put it in the slot starts to green/red flash like it’s supposed to for a firmware update but doesn’t go solid green or red just goes back to flashing green then goes back to red/green
Checked the imitation came back ok calibrated the imu ok but no movement in gimbal and status error need to update camera and need to update drone?

I’m trying to upgrade a phantom 3 Pro firmware and i’m getting the red/green blinking on the gimbal for a while then I get a series of flashing green pause flashing green then again with the red/ green cycle. Has been going on 35 to 45 minutes. This is a broken drone off eBay and I’m a newbie. Is this right or what. Thanks joe

I had this with my P3A, I reinstalled the latest FW with the P3S_DEBUG_FW_DEBUG file on my sd card and the update started to go through as normal, my gimbal was doing the chicken dance although fully set up properly, I diagnosed this to a faulty ribbon cable on the gimbal.

I reinstalled the most recent FW with the P3S_DEBUG_FW_DEBUG document on my sd card and the refresh began to experience as typical, my gimbal was doing the chicken move albeit completely set up legitimately, I analyzed this to a defective strip link on the gimbal.

i’m getting the red/green blinking on the gimbal for a while then I get a series of flashing green pause flashing green then again with the red/ green cycle

If this happens, that means Ambarella chip is booting up, and then restarting, and then booting up again - in an endless circle.

Sometimes putting a firmware update on the card can break the loop, but in most cases the reboot happens before the drone checks for update on SD-card.

To diagnose this issue, it is required to see messages which the chip displays as it's booting. The messages can be read either by tapping to serial interface, or creating a special file on SD-card which causes them to be stored on SD-card. The messages will contain specific reason why the chip decides to reboot.

Details:
Ambarella firmware interfaces

In more basic terms: Gimbal Top Board is damaged.

If this happens, that means Ambarella chip is booting up, and then restarting, and then booting up again - in an endless circle.

Sometimes putting a firmware update on the card can break the loop, but in most cases the reboot happens before the drone checks for update on SD-card.

To diagnose this issue, it is required to see messages which the chip displays as it's booting. The messages can be read either by tapping to serial interface, or creating a special file on SD-card which causes them to be stored on SD-card. The messages will contain specific reason why the chip decides to reboot.

Details:
Ambarella firmware interfaces

In more basic terms: Gimbal Top Board is damaged.

Hey Quad,

I'm interested in learning more about this. Can I purchase and solder on a new Ambaralla chip myself to fix this issue? Do you know any other troubleshooting methods to try? Thanks.

I'm interested in learning more about this. Can I purchase and solder on a new Ambaralla chip myself to fix this issue? Do you know any other troubleshooting methods to try? Thanks.

There probably are sources for all the chips, though I never did that. People with repair businesses have ways of getting chips; I'm just an enthusiast, who happens to have experience in design.

I bought and soldered NAND chip for DaVinci (which has smaller capacity than NAND used for Ambarella), this is described here:

For more general FPV troubleshooting, I made a chart here:

For fixing Ambarella - first thing would be to tap to its UART and see whether it prints something.
I never did that myself, though I've seen several people posting log from the UART.
Read here for details:
O-Gs wiki: Firmware for m0100 aka Ambarella

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic