Reaction score
Hello friends. I had update my phantom 3 pro with the latest firmware and i wanted to share with you how i do it. Little issue observed and how i correct it after reading many things on internet.

1. classic stuff. Download the firmware, format micro sd card (fat32) and copy the bin file on it and place into the aircraft.
2. Bip sound will start and little light in front will start flashing red and green.

During update you will hear the phantom 3 startup sound as if it has reboot. No worries its normal for this update. You will hear it several time, just let the phantom continue it update, do not interrupt update, do not switch off until update process is complete. You will hear start up sound several time during the update so no worries about it just let it update.

After update you will hear the bip sound that you use to hear after update is successful and the light will stop flashing and turn green. If you have no ide about the update technique via micro sd card you can have many on google or youtube.

After update
1. re do sensor calibration
2. re do gimbal calibration
3. re link remote (if you are having connection problem after update, if not no need to re link the remote) in my case even if i did not have connection problem i had re-link my controller. if you don't know how to do it there are videos on YouTube for that too.

After doing all that i had notice that there was a little but with dji go app. App was like resetting after some minute of usage (transmission signal lost). It seem that the controller was disconnecting and connect again. I first thought that it was a firmware bug but after testing several time i realized that it was with the dji software itself.

I had just uninstall dji go app and all other 3rd party application and install them again.
After doing that everything was stable and i was able to use dji go app and other 3rd parties application.

something cool too was after updating the craft firmware i got a firmware update for the controller and i update the controller too.

What i notice new was.
1. Notification when propellers are not attached to the quad copter
2. Better Photo quality specially hdr
3. Video seems to be smoother
4. About transmission channel now you can select between manual or automatic easily
5. CRC craft power off after 3 second (a cool feature)
6. Image transmission seems less buggy and a bit faster
7. 3rd parties application works fine and fast
8. RAW photo with more details for editing (like it)
9. Seems more table indoor and outdoor

As i discover more stuff that seems to have become better or new i will edit this post and mention them or i will put it as comment.

Tomorrow
i will do short and long fight i will let you know if everything is still fine.

I try to do my best to help on this sorry for my English not so good lol :) hope that this post can help.

VIP: After update check if all your setting are still the same because sometime some setting can revert to default. Most important setting to check are : Return home when no signal, Return Home altitude, disble smart return home because it will return the place where the controller is not the place where it take up. Just check that return home is set to the place that your craft take off. And also the option if signal lost what to do? If that option has change just revert it back to return home :)

One more thing do not update your phantom 3 via dji go app. sometime downloaded firmware might be corrupted due to bad internet connection so this can brick the craft. Always update your phantom 3 via micro sd card. For the controller it can be update via dji go app without any problem.

Be secure by :
Craft update via micro sd (bin file can be download on dji web site)
Controller update via dji go app

Here is a screenshot after update
Screenshot_2017_01_02_00_18_09_950_dji_pilot.png

Last edited:
will be doing some test today. weather cloudy little rain as it stop i will fly :)

do test, everything fine, no video transmission problem, no disconnect problem everything perfect.
Cons: 1. DJI Go app you have some video lag while recording, tried to disable the option that record video on mobile it does same thing
2. Litchi users you will be alittle bit dissapointed with video tracking. followmode seem not as soft as before but maybe its software problem. i will try again soon in different environement and let you know.

I thought you couldn't update the actual copter itself with the go app anyway. Just the controller can you update with the go app correct?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

so wakakool so after using bird with the latest firmware for a few days I guess its all good?...might update firmware too in a few days..

I thought you couldn't update the actual copter itself with the go app anyway. Just the controller can you update with the go app correct?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Yes do not update copter with dji go .. safter to download the firmware from dji web site .. put in on micro sd card and insert into the copter .. safer way to update the copter because i saw many complain that those who tried update via djigo got update falure for their copter...

But the remote controller update its safe to update with dji go app

Reactions: Alan Russel
so wakakool so after using bird with the latest firmware for a few days I guess its all good?...might update firmware too in a few days..
Yes everyting is cool except the djigo app who is a bit lag with video. but this comes with the app not firmware other wise very stable

Reactions: Alan Russel
I upgraded my P3A today to the newest firmware (both, AC & RC). What I noticed is that I got very laggy and buggy video feed using the newest DJI GO versions but GO 2.8.0 works great, no lag at all! I'm using Oneplus 3 and Samsung Tab pro 10.1 (cyanogen modded).
So, if you are having video transmission problems and video lag, try GO 2.8.0 ;)

I upgraded my P3A today to the newest firmware (both, AC & RC). What I noticed is that I got very laggy and buggy video feed using the newest DJI GO versions but GO 2.8.0 works great, no lag at all! I'm using Oneplus 3 and Samsung Tab pro 10.1 (cyanogen modded).
So, if you are having video transmission problems and video lag, try GO 2.8.0 ;)
Yes someone too says that the older version of dji go works better .. am trying to find where can i download it

Does it matter which you update first? The R/C first and them the craft for example. Can you put the firmware file on the SD card through the phantom or do you need to remove the card? And get a micro SD card adaptor to plug into your PC.

Where can I get DJI GO 2.8.0

Hello friends. I had update my phantom 3 pro with the latest firmware and i wanted to share with you how i do it. Little issue observed and how i correct it after reading many things on internet.

1. classic stuff. Download the firmware, format micro sd card (fat32) and copy the bin file on it and place into the aircraft.
2. Bip sound will start and little light in front will start flashing red and green.

During update you will hear the phantom 3 startup sound as if it has reboot. No worries its normal for this update. You will hear it several time, just let the phantom continue it update, do not interrupt update, do not switch off until update process is complete. You will hear start up sound several time during the update so no worries about it just let it update.

After update you will hear the bip sound that you use to hear after update is successful and the light will stop flashing and turn green. If you have no ide about the update technique via micro sd card you can have many on google or youtube.

After update
3. re link remote (if you are having connection problem after update, if not no need to re link the remote) in my case even if i did not have connection problem i had re-link my controller. if you don't know how to do it there are videos on YouTube for that too.

After doing all that i had notice that there was a little but with dji go app. App was like resetting after some minute of usage (transmission signal lost). It seem that the controller was disconnecting and connect again. I first thought that it was a firmware bug but after testing several time i realized that it was with the dji software itself.

I had just uninstall dji go app and all other 3rd party application and install them again.
After doing that everything was stable and i was able to use dji go app and other 3rd parties application.

something cool too was after updating the craft firmware i got a firmware update for the controller and i update the controller too.

What i notice new was.
4. About transmission channel now you can select between manual or automatic easily

As i discover more stuff that seems to have become better or new i will edit this post and mention them or i will put it as comment.

Tomorrow

I try to do my best to help on this sorry for my English not so good lol :) hope that this post can help.

VIP: After update check if all your setting are still the same because sometime some setting can revert to default. Most important setting to check are : Return home when no signal, Return Home altitude, disble smart return home because it will return the place where the controller is not the place where it take up. Just check that return home is set to the place that your craft take off. And also the option if signal lost what to do? If that option has change just revert it back to return home :)

One more thing do not update your phantom 3 via dji go app. sometime downloaded firmware might be corrupted due to bad internet connection so this can brick the craft. Always update your phantom 3 via micro sd card. For the controller it can be update via dji go app without any problem.

Be secure by :

After update

What i notice new was.

Tomorrow

Be secure by :

I ran the update and now I can not start the engines, always get an ESC status error. Recalibrated and ran IMU calibration but still get the error. As usual, DJI support, after being on hold for an hour, was unhelp and just want me to sent them the drone so they can squeeze more money out of me. Anyone else have this issue??? Any solutions? Tried to go back to the old firmware but that did not work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31