Phantom 3 drone down

What do you guys think about Waypoint #11 ?? According to the mission profile, that point is approximately 16 meters above the takeoff point, and according to the GE elevation profile. That's 50ft higher, roughly and over trees at that. The set altitude was 41 meters, 134 feet or there abouts. A 100 ft tree in that area could be a place to look. Thoughts?

@Meta4 suggested that a while back. The clearance in that area looks to be around 70 ft, but if the local trees really are over 100 ft tall then that, and many other locations on the mission, become possible collision points.

Allready mentioned many threats ago!
So I see, it was yesterday when I was looking at this in detail.....missed a post or two....

We get some mighty tall pines down in this area, so wouldnt be surprised to see over 100 footers....

The course consist of over 130 video-lectures, it is mentioned in one of them but can't remember which. When I came acros it, it seemed unlikely to me (like you do) but recognised I had this problem in some of my missions, so I did some testing myself and came to the same conlusion. To avoid this 'problem' I often split one long mission into several short ones which I then start from different locations and edit the footage to one long mission again.

This thread is like reading a good mystery only to find the last 3 pages are missing.
Maybe you can form a local droners posse to help search.
I sure hope you find it.

crasher

This guy did find his!

Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

Anyways, lets continue to help the OP :)

Rod

Reactions: DaveD
We get some mighty tall pines down in this area, so wouldnt be surprised to see over 100 footers....
Litchi Mission 200' AGL Pine tree wanted to catch it.

Rod

I found a local guy willing to fly his drone over my path, to maybe help find a tree top view.....Question???? How do I allow him to download my litchi mission onto DJIgo? He says DJI is all he has used and is not comfortable with Litchi.
I was going to just let him use my map, but raise the altitude to 150 ft. He has a phantom 4.

I found a local guy willing to fly his drone over my path, to maybe help find a tree top view.....Question???? How do I allow him to download my litchi mission onto DJIgo? He says DJI is all he has used and is not comfortable with Litchi.
I was going to just let him use my map, but raise the altitude to 150 ft. He has a phantom 4.
Where are you located? I'd be willing to go help you look I'd you're not too far from me. I'm in Pensacola, FL

This guy did find his!

Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

Anyways, lets continue to help the OP :)

Rod
This was my thread from last winter. It was in a tree for 2 weeks before I found it with another drone looking down along the flight path. Another drone helping you with the search would be the best. My mistake was elevation just like everyone is telling you here. (I only found it with the help I got from everyone here) If it helps --my standard endured rain and snow and below freezing temps in that tree but still worked like new after it was home for a couple days.

Reactions: RodPad
This was my thread from last winter. It was in a tree for 2 weeks before I found it with another drone looking down along the flight path. Another drone helping you with the search would be the best. My mistake was elevation just like everyone is telling you here. (I only found it with the help I got from everyone here) If it helps --my standard endured rain and snow and below freezing temps in that tree but still worked like new after it was home for a couple days.
Man, you lucked out. I am looking for rescue volunteers now
to maybe do a flyby and hopefully spot it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga