Phantom 3 bugs....

Reaction score
I've searched all morning and tried everything known to man to fix the issues.... to no avail.

Long story short. I've never had issues with the P3S. I've had it since it 1st came out. Been using it for the last few weeks with no issues. Last week I was doing some surveying and realized it was only taking videos and not saving pictures. I noticed I had a firmware update so I updated it via the GO APP and that is when everything went to sh!t. According to the app it was updated successfully. However now the remote will not link to the RC and the WiFi is gone out of the available networks. (On multiple devices) I did both the manual linking with the controller and reset the WiFi with the controller as well. Nothing has worked. Called technical support and got as far as I do trying to get my 2 year old to use the potty. I have the iPhone XS Max and have been flying with zero issues up until the unit was updated.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I've searched all morning and tried everything known to man to fix the issues.... to no avail.

Long story short. I've never had issues with the P3S. I've had it since it 1st came out. Been using it for the last few weeks with no issues. Last week I was doing some surveying and realized it was only taking videos and not saving pictures. I noticed I had a firmware update so I updated it via the GO APP and that is when everything went to sh!t. According to the app it was updated successfully. However now the remote will not link to the RC and the WiFi is gone out of the available networks. (On multiple devices) I did both the manual linking with the controller and reset the WiFi with the controller as well. Nothing has worked. Called technical support and got as far as I do trying to get my 2 year old to use the potty. I have the iPhone XS Max and have been flying with zero issues up until the unit was updated.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
On your avaliable wifi networks have you tryed to reenter password 12341234 and pressed conect,what happens when you use djigo app under rc settings and use link button there,,does it just time out,,,

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
On your avaliable wifi networks have you tryed to reenter password 12341234 and pressed conect,what happens when you use djigo app under rc settings and use link button there,,does it just time out,

The selection for PhantomXXX isn't even in the available WiFi networks. Yes just times out in the DJI App. The actual app isn't connected to either device so it's no good.

Me get you a pic
The selection for PhantomXXX isn't even in the available WiFi networks. Yes just times out in the DJI App. The actual app isn't connected to either device so it's no good.
OK you might need to go into your settings like bottom picture ,,when trying to enter do you get authentication issue ,,you might need to reset password and enter it into wifi and press conect ,,,have you tryed this
Screenshot_20190206-092238.jpg
Screenshot_20190206-092120.jpg

There is no WiFi SSiD listed when the app is launched. I've tried renaming it and force searched for it from my WiFi setting on my iPhone. Still no luck.

OK me get some pics of my wifi unconnected to help explain,,even if got disconected in app with no cam view you can still set up wifi to make it conect,,,wait one minite

Interesting ok here what I did,,,,,have not seen that failed to conect to rc before,without the app at all do you have red light on remote when drone on,,it should link,I get relink picture for rc incase procedure not quite right
Screenshot_20190206-094322.jpg
Screenshot_20190206-094223.jpg
Screenshot_20190206-094458.jpg
Screenshot_20190206-094415.jpg

RC has steady yellow LED's flashing (Not connected to remote)
Remote has red LED.

I've tried everything they have instructions on.

Nothing works.

With ac and rc and device on get to this screen and press and hold 3 lines top right it might give you a roll back option on firmware like my pic shows,
Screenshot_20190206-100154.jpg
Screenshot_20190206-100424.jpg

It doesn’t have that option when my phone isn’t connected to the unit.

Um again,,I been trying to replicate your situation on mine but I'm just trying to unlink mine to try something,,back in a sec

OK try enter this in your wifi networks phantom _09e3b5 ,mate I'm getting stumped this,,me replicate yours by turning rc and AC and device on I press link button to unlink it,that works,,I tryed both ways of relink with app and wifi on and manual link by toggle s2 switch fast,,both times it became linked again,,,,I think the problem is we need to get the phantom back into the wifi list on your device,,if it was ok before firmware it should be able to do it again,,it's not locked,it's unable to link because of wifi.....I go see what I can dig up,,

OK found this that might help alot,,,manual reset of wifi password....says here use gimble wheel aswell,,,please try this
Screenshot_20190206-124853.jpg

Hi friend! something that seems simple but works well is: once the software is updated, remove the SD CARD and format it, then re-insert it, it has worked for me.

Hi friend! something that seems simple but works well is: once the software is updated, remove the SD CARD and format it, then re-insert it, it has worked for me.
The first thing I do when starting out is always look at the signal for the remote and drone on the screen. If the signal is not strong then type the 12341234.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31