Phantom 3 Advanced - no video feed on remote/ipad

Reaction score
Hi! I have a P3A that I sent back to DJI for repairs. They quoted me almost $400 to fix my drone that has never been in a crash. I have no video signal on my phone, it shows a black screen, BUT the gimbal control works fine.

Any suggestions on how to repair this myself for less? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Check the plug in connections to the gimbal especially the pins are actually making contact to the female side- I found a couple of pins in the male side had slid out of the male side holder (very slightly) and were not going into the female side, thus not making contact , and thus no picture-
It may be worth a try

The very first thing to try is a new hight speed micro SD card...

Yes, a Micro card which has a lot of data, and or is slower than required, seems to corrupt the video stream, but initially should have a picture displayed before trying to record

I have the same symptoms. Everything seems fine. I can fly the drone, it can take photos and record video. All data seems to be fed back to the phone, but the only thing missing is the live feed of the video back to the phone. I've tried several phones and no improvement. I'm also on the latest firmware for everything. The SD card is 32Gb and empty - Class 10 which according to my reading should be sufficient. I've tried 2 similar SD cards and no change. Should I be trying a much higher spec SD card or is it likely to be something else?

Sounds like a bad gimbal board to me. When did the live feed stop? Was it right after a firmware update. Did you buy it not working?

Sounds like a bad gimbal board to me. When did the live feed stop? Was it right after a firmware update. Did you buy it not working?

Unfortunately I don't know the history of the drone. It is from a deceased estate and I'm simply trying to get it sold. I'm totally new to drones but reasonably technically skilled. When I first fired it up there was no connection between the remote and the aircraft at all. I finally got it linked but it has never had any video feed for me. The drone is on 1.11.2 and the remote says latest firmware.

I may well just advertise it as it is, but of course, it would be good if I could figure it out.

Ok. My most logical opinion is that the gimbal board was damaged when the last update was done. If you want,you can do a search on this forum about the problem. Sadly, it is a common problem. A new or a known undamaged used gimbal board would likely fix the issue.

Reactions: Bazzo and Oso
Ok. My most logical opinion is that the gimbal board was damaged when the last update was done. If you want,you can do a search on this forum about the problem. Sadly, it is a common problem. A new or a known undamaged used gimbal board would likely fix the issue.

Thanks for your help. I think you're right about the board but actually I've done more reading and the info I find seems to suggest that it's not a firmware upgrade but leaving the machine idle for many months that causes the issue. The nand flash deteriorates with bad blocks over time and needs frequent booting to repair. I suspect it's been in a cupboard for well over a year so that sounds plausible.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Yes that is a strong possibility also. I have heard of the same. If you do ever update the firmware on one, for peace of mind, aim a small fan at the gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic