Phantom 3 Adv ESC part 96 with Older 2312 Motors

Reaction score
Ok, I was given a damaged Phantom 3 Advanced (with the older 2312 motors) that had the Compass connector broken off when the owner tried to open the shell. So I figured I could either solder it back on or just order a new ESC board. But when I opened up the shell, to my surprise, the main esc board is the newer v2 part 96, or at least appears to be the newer one. Based on all the ways I have seen to tell the difference, the main thing is the chip off to the side is either black plastic on the 33 or metal with 100 on top on the part 96 board. Well mine has the metal chip with 100 on top!

The board has not been replaced and all the original factory adhesives, etc are still on the wires for the motors, so they were not changed out, and the drone was flying fine until the compass connector issue.

So any ideas? I need to order a new board and from all accounts, I was expecting to order the part 33 esc board. So is the part 96 backwards compatible with the older 2312 motors and the new 2312A motors just not compatible with the part 33?

Thanks,

Robert

I would solder the lines directly to the board. Cant hurt, especially if you are considering a new board anyways.,

To your question, there seems to have been 3 versions of the mainboard. There is the first version which worked old motors, there is the new version which works with new motors. And there is a middle one, which looks like the new mainboard, but has old motors. I recall seeing some posts here about a year back on this, but dont have time atm to search.

The connector actually pulled up the copper from 4 of the 5 contacts on the main board, so there is nothing to solder to as far as I can see.

Reactions: Digdat0
So any thoughts or advice on what to do as far as purchasing a new board? part 96 or part 33?

Ok, thanks, that does help! So I need to still buy the part 33 board, but it could be an A or C. The C version is backwards compatible with A version, but B is not backwards compatible with A.

Got it!

Thanks,

Robert

Ok, thanks, that does help! So I need to still buy the part 33 board, but it could be an A or C. The C version is backwards compatible with A version, but B is not backwards compatible with A.

Got it!

Thanks,

Robert
Yessir!!! Hope ya don't mind me giving ya the link rather than the answer, figure if you are getting this far in it's better to understand rather than me just tell ya you need one or the other ;) now, finding one could be harder to be honest, as most of the boards I've seen lately have been the B version. I see old motor boards in eBay often though, just make sure the seller is using pics of the actual board to verify, cheers man

Reactions: BGecko
Yessir!!! Hope ya don't mind me giving ya the link rather than the answer, figure if you are getting this far in it's better to understand rather than me just tell ya you need one or the other ;) now, finding one could be harder to be honest, as most of the boards I've seen lately have been the B version. I see old motor boards in eBay often though, just make sure the seller is using pics of the actual board to verify, cheers man

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers